Best Place To Be, Geographically, When SHTF

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ByAnyMeansNecessary, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@Ura-Ki
    Don't PULL that finger !!

2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I looked all over the US, actually traveled to many states, and settled on SC 26 years ago. Great hunting, fresh and saltwater fishing, easy farming, just too many people at the moment, but that will self correct in a hurry.

SB21, Homer Simpson, johnbb and 2 others like this.
  3. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Sounds like Houston to this Texan

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Yea, just have to encourage unwanted folks to go somewhere else! I think that Vlad the Impaler might have had the right idea!

Seawolf1090 and Tempstar like this.
  5. Zimmy

If I couldn't be where I wanted, I'd probably pick West Virginia.

Nobody would go anywhere they weren't welcome if SHTF. My gentle (but firm) country way of talking might help my fairly skilled and diverse industrial knowledge be put to good use in a community way.

Even remote Texas is too easy to navigate to keep strangers out of a rebuilding community on a daily basis. Solo is the only way to go for quite a while, here.

I'm not ready to sort visitors by skill like triage in a trauma center.

Seawolf1090 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

W Va was actually second on my list, but the winter temps lost it for me.

CraftyMofo likes this.
  7. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Cold temps keep a lot of the riffraff away.

Dont and Seawolf1090 like this.
  8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I'm happy here. I'm an hour drive from the nearest interstate highway and large city and five minutes from multiple landings with access to the Atlantic. Once the tourists leave it's very quiet around here. SHTF "tourism" will be moving inland so fast it'll make a sucking sound along the coast..

9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Same can be said about hot and humid, with mosquitoes as big as sea-gulls...and don't forget the chiggers!

Seawolf1090, CraftyMofo and Zimmy like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My exact sentiments neighbor.

Tempstar likes this.
  11. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Seagulls are edible

Zimmy likes this.
  12. Zimmy

But gamey as hell and kinda fishy.

13. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Yeah, but electricity freezes up here when it gets really cold.

Seawolf1090 and Zimmy like this.
  14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Who's gonna have electricity after SHTF, besides ME!

15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I was gonna say the Coastal areas ,, plenty of food sources ,, easy gardening ,, game .
    But in reality ,, but most folks can make the best of the areas they are in ,,,, except for them big city folks ,, you definitely want to be a good bit away from them ,,, most of them don't have survival instincts passed a fast food drive thru or a tin can ,, so they'll be reaching into the close burbs and looking to take what they need . Them folks close to the burbs are the ones that's gonna need the most ammo .
    This world is getting so screwed up ,, I'm just about tired of waiting, and worrying about the collapse ,, just about wishing it would just go ahead and happen ,, we get the herds thinned out ,, and then start to getting back to normal.

16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

We Floridians have whopping big mosquitos, but I have it on good authority that Alaskan Skeeters can carry off adult Moose, and are equipped with IFF.

Zimmy, Tempstar, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7