Best and easiest ammo

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Oct 24, 2020.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I got a flyer in the mail this morning... 9mm. 115 FMJ $.30/ Rnd... in lots of 200...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I am seeing a few stores getting more shipments in, that's a good sign, that and the prices are almost the same as before all this horseshit started! Not holding my breath here but maybe were turning a corner! What I'm really hoping for is powders and primers becoming more available! I'm all set for needed stocks, but damn if I wouldn't feel better if I were swimming in supplies I prolly wouldn't need for years and years! It's one of those things for me, kind of like having all the tanks full, yet knowing sooner or later your going to need more, even though your not really using what you still have!
    I did score 10k worth of CCI #11 magnum primers, and I did pick up several pounds of flint that we can knapp, so realistically, I shouldn't ever need those supplies ever again! Lol and while I didn't really need, I did also pick up a bunch of Musket caps that I can use for the front stuffers that have multiple ignition sources!
    The kiddies will be having a ball with all the Holy Black stuff they are gonna get in their stockings this year!

STANGF150 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It sold out in 0.9 seconds.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

week from tomorrow the paranoid nutcazes start getting shut down >>> will goooooo a long way in cutting the hoarding and sheeple BS ....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Years ago I inherited a Ruger Deerfield Semi Auto in that round. Pretty potent but a 100 yard rifle.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Those are the sweetest brush guns ever made !

Altoidfishfins and Tully Mars like this.
  9. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Digging around in my room and found a ammo of 1200rds NATO 9mm ammo that I paid $137.97 for. I’m rich,I’m rich. If the price keeps going up it’s going to be hard not to sell. Just kidding,not for sale,no way.
    [flag][flag][flag][flag]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  10. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Buy a shotgun. get a variety of shells in various shot types. Get some buckshot. The reality is that most likely you will never shoot at anyone. Biden was actually right about one thing. (amazing) Anyone hearing a shotgun blast will vacate unless they are nuts. The racking of a pump shotgun is something also.

Oddcaliber, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ones ammo stash really isn't about/for you. It's for your grandkids, great grandkids and their future.
    Sure it's getting squeezed now with mfg reduction in lead, and huge backlog in orders.
    What happens if the mfg's start closing due to legislation, covid environment, banking freeze.

We've got it easy the future could be markedly different.

oldawg, Tully Mars, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you want to sell you better sell some of it now.
    Just think if you sell only 300 round of that now, you will be able to buy another 1,200 round case in a year or 2.

mysterymet, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. O P 4 #52: I hope and pray you are correct.

Oddcaliber, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you don't feel like you can sell some ammo and double or triple your money, then you never had enough to begin with.

Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  15. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Sure, it would be easy to sell cheap and only triple my money, but not knowing what the future holds is akin to playing the lottery. I don't need (or desire) to sell it. And I know I won't be able to replace it at the same price it was purchased...hell, who even makes black talon ammo anymore? ;)

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

BlackTallon ammo is like RBG.
    Both are a relics from the 1990s who had their moments in the lime light.
    There's better stuff now, I would definitely sell that not even think twice about it.
    I don't see how a box of black Tallon is worth more than its value put back into buying into 4 or 5 boxes of any new premium self defense ammo.
    What I would do is list it at a retardly high starting bid, put in the description that if it doesn't sell the price will eventually be lowered, leave it there for a month, get a bunch of watchers, then lower the price and let the games begin.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have 1 Black Talon I picked up at a gun range,9mm,Top right,$100.00 and it can be yours !!!

black talon.

VisuTrac, Tully Mars and techsar like this.
  18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

That was merely an example...how about some polymer tipped SA pistol ammo that isn't available for import anymore? ;)
    Or maybe steel core 7.62x54R? Commercial products are PC - no steel core. Even if you can find it, it is easily over a dollar/round.
    But that's ok...you're dead-set on selling, and that is your option. (y)
    But it sure as hell doesn't make everyone else wrong for not selling, whatever the reason.

19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I’m not a seller. I’m a collector!

20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A lot of the milsup stuff isn't coming back.
    Some of the milsup ammo you can't get any more but you can still get the loose projectiles and fairly cheap. So you could load up some cool milspec ammo with fresh, better powder with relatively new modern non-corrosive primers that aren't effected by a little bit of moisture. Really who wants to go into teotwawki with 50 to 70 year old millsurp ammo that's primed with corrosive, hydroscopic priming compounds?
    I'm a seller when people are paying stupid amounts for stuff and a collector when it's cheap.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7