Armed protest???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Jan 12, 2021.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Some boomerangs are non returning...they are mainly for hunting and warfare....they are designed to kill or incapacitate.

Returning boomerangs are mainly for sport or entertainment (much like the American frisbee), though I dare say, a returning boomerang could knock a bird out of the sky if its trajectory took it through a flock of birds.

Not all Australian Aboriginal cultures developed the use of boomerangs.

When I throw a boomerang at some American sacred cow (such as KingDonald and his idiot princes), the projectile often returns closely followed by reactionary conservative buckshot in its wake. :oops:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Tully Mars, SB21, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Not all of us would be considered conservative. Some of us are libertarian and just like to call out inaccuracies when we see them. I know I have pointed out memes from both sides for bs. Having a devil’s advocate is good and I enjoy rational discussions. I don’t care for the name calling very much.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

WATCH :

GENERAL STRIKE !!
    Canadians will not fly into your space !!
    Im grounded till the popcorn bucket is MT.
    S

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

This whole deal is out of control. Who ordered up all those troops, anyway?

Tully Mars, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

img - 2021-01-16T223218.248.

6. chelloveck

7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Trump. A little nuts and a whole lot irrational. However, not a politician. I was happy with his mindless tweets because he kept us from war. I was OK with his dislike of the press, and I made more money than any other time in my life. It's OK that he played a lot of golf, because the stock market reached record levels. For all of the bad that was Trump, he was exactly what our country needed, and we needed him for four more years. I don't know how it became policy that we have to like our President for him to do a good job. He pushed through Middle East peace treaties, put us on level trade ground with China, revamped the VA into somewhere Vets wanted to go, and was the first and likely last US President to step foot into North Korea. The list of good the man did while in office is a book, the list of bad a pamphlet, yet because he wasn't a warm and fuzzy personality and didn't kiss the ass of the Washington crowd he was somehow unfit to be a President. I am ashamed of my fellow Americans that took the media rhetoric as fact in judging Trump. No one has bothered to dig deeper and see the good the man accomplished, preferring to take lifelong politicians and a slanted media at their word that Trump is the boogeyman. He was exactly what the founding fathers wanted when they put forth this great country, a common man running the country for the benefit of his countrymen, not a career politician pushing forth policy to line his own pockets or hurt his fellow Americans. For his trouble he was attacked politically and personally for four years. I''m not proud of this period in our history, and not because of anything Trump did.

Tully Mars, Mountainman, SB21 and 6 others like this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

9. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I voted for Trump not for his personality, I voted for him believing he could make things better for "all Americans" and he did not disappoint me. If asked I could give a long list of his accomplishments. On the flip side can the rabid Trump haters say why they feel the way they do in a coherent way, generally not, can they give a list of the democrats accomplishments generally not. Interesting CNN has already come out and said they will go easy on Bidumb --like that is a surprise. Fox news ratings are in the toilet behind CNN boycotts work

Tully Mars, Mountainman, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

He is still my president and will continue to be addressed as such out of respect for both the man and the office. slojoe only out of respect for the office.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  11. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Bidumb will never be my President and even out of respect for the office I can not call a thief something he is not.

Tully Mars, Mountainman, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Traitor Joe and on Jan 20th the White House can be called Traitor Joe’s. (Not mine, stolen from somewhere)

Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I agree with most everything you all said , Trump did some things that made me cringe , and I wished he had not done or said them , but the outcome was usually positive . But ,, 19 minutes after Trumps inauguration ,, the dems started talking about impeachment . And the fact of this is because of ,, the " hatred " for the man . Everyone loved him before he was President ,, even the dems . Explain that one . So now we get to start writing down the accomplishments of the Bidumb administration ,,, but how many of his accomplishments are going to be positive ?? But ,, turn about is fair play , Bidumb will start out his tour with impeachment papers as well ,, only his papers will be based on truth , certifiable truth ,,, but watch the dimwits scream like schoolgirls . Either way you look at it ,, I think we've got 4 more years of turmoil ,,, funny how the dims are calling for unity now .
    And Chell , I'm really not wanting to silence you , I know your ,,,, displeasure,,,, for Trump ,,, but I'd just like to hear your reasons for thinking the dims are so much better for us , and the US ,, and as you had stated before ,, that Americas economy reflects around the world as well ,, and it may not affect you as much as us ,, but where do you think it's going to benefit you and your country ,, wherever you may be . And I'm honestly not asking to argue your beliefs ,, just want to understand your beliefs .

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

If you are not from the US and suffer from TDS as someone who posts here I could careless about your opinion simply because you have no skin in this game and whatever the out come is it won't affect you. It would be like me posting disparaging remarks about your prime minister backing it up with nothing. It's meaningless

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. chelloveck

You're mistaken if you think that anyone ought care about any of my opinions, just as I'm not obligated to care about any of yours, regardless of who allegedly has, or doesn't have SITG on any given topic....or whether one does or does not suffer from some invented political psychopathology such as TDS*, (bandied about by some TRump cultists as a silly taunt against those who are critics of TRump and his toxic regime).

All you have done is give an insubstantial excuse for achieving epistemic closure on the topic of TRump: It is also a misrepresentation of the original concept of NSITG. Skin in the game (phrase) - Wikipedia In the context of this thread, the NSITG is just being used as a discourse stopper...indicating that your mind is closed to anything (politically) outside of your own tribe's epistemology Donald Trump and the rise of tribal epistemology

It is not true to suggest that I will be unaffected by whatever outcomes transpire in the USA. Having to register for for military conscription in the early 1970's during the Vietnam 'police action', was a very personal consequence of American political, military, and foreign diplomacy policies. Australia and Australians are affected in many ways by what happens in the USA, and a very much weakened USA, (courtesy of TRump, his crony crooks and his cultists) is certainly not in Australia's best interests. Australia was certainly affected by the TRumpster's tarrif wars with China, the European Union, and other international entities.

Making disparaging remarks about the Australian prime minister would not worry me one jot: Though I'd be curious as to what disparaging remarks you would make. Scomo has done much to merit criticism. ;)

Most folk here don't back up their political opinions with anything more than a visceral, emotional, commitment to their own tribe's point of view. That doesn't necessarily mean that their opinions are meaningless, just that it's mediated by the lens they feel most comfortable with. ;)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    * TDS can also stand for Trump Devotional Syndrome

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Just what , and how are you expecting to benefit from our democrat controlled offices in these next 4 years ?? I'm actually not trying to argue with you ,, I'm just trying to see what you're seeing ,, that I don't ,, I'm asking , because if you ask that question here from someone on the left ,, we get a blank stare , some mumbled words , then we're yelled at and called a racists and facists .

Tully Mars, oldawg, johnbb and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7