Are you preparing for the election?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I had homemade rootbeer once, it was excellent!

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    maybe not all wisdom, but most certainly experience from a hard life during very hard times - and surviving....

GOG and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

I live in the inner city of one of our largest cities in the United States of America. I did not have a plan together in detail. I live in a very diverse neighborhood of the city. Trump flags, Biden sign's etc. Riots and protests took place just one street over from my home. Things have calmed down dramatically on that front. Perhaps they will be reignited in the weeks following the election and its results.

Plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer: Everything we know

Then this came out.

Man arrested for allegedly threatening to kidnap and execute Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

“This is a warning to anyone reading this letter if you are a Biden/Harris supporter you will be targeted. We have a list of homes and addresses by your election signs. We are the ones with those scary guns, we are the ones your children have nightmares about”

I have a spouse and two small children to consider. I think I am going to make a more detailed plan.

Why are we at this point? Why do we have nut jobs on both sides of the aisle? Back in the day people used to be able to live with the old adage, "you win some, you lose some". Sad state of affairs.

Gator 45/70, GOG, ditch witch and 3 others like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The threatening of the biden harris supporters online came out at a ruse by iran to make trump look bad.

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Good questions? I believe that civil society is dead. Social media has helped our society to rapidly decay. Brainwashing and people getting enraged without looking for the true facts. Our media is very guilty of biased behavior, slanted agendas and failure to report. I believe our society has gotten dumber. Half the people I see on-line do not seem to question anything. And our politicians are guilty of promoting hate and unrest.

Gator 45/70, GOG, Tully Mars and 3 others like this.
  6. TheEconomist

That wasn't what I quoted. I quoted the very real American's that are going to jail right now for wanting, and planning, to kidnap and kill Harris, Biden, and Whitmer.

Also, the operatives from Iran and their intentions are subjective. Many people may stay home and not vote, or switch parties, or vote for Trump because they are afraid they may be killed for doing otherwise. In other words, voter intimidation against Biden supporters by Iran.

On the other side, some may view it as a false flag operation intended to make Trump look bad. That's is the way you view it.

THAT is the unbiased view of it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Watching this crap ??

8. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

As far as kidnapping the Michigan witch er governor, that seems to be a put up job by the FBI. Their informant was the one that was pushing the kidnapping and the FBI allegedly paid him something like $8600 for his efforts. The idiots that went along with the idea deserve to sit in the corner with a large dunce cap on, but I'll be interested to see how this case turns out. I'm guessing that it will fade quietly into the night;

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No. I can't afford to lose any more brain cells by stroke.

10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

You mean the anarchist nut jobs who wanted to kidnap the michigan governor at least one of whom insults trump and his supports in social media posts? There is a big difference between normal people and radical nut jobs on both sides. Neither side has a monopoly on radical nut jobs. Insinuating such is absurd. I dislike all radicals on both sides. Everyone needs to take a freakin chill pill and calm down.

11. TheEconomist

you didn't read what my post said did you

"Why are we at this point? Why do we have nut jobs on both sides of the aisle? Back in the day people used to be able to live with the old adage, "you win some, you lose some". Sad state of affairs."

Ganado likes this.
  12. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

There's an argument in the making. Careful, you'll wake up a mod.

13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

U.S. says Russia, Iran tried interfering in 2020 election

Yeah Iran is pretending to be pro trump people threatening democrats in a move to make trump look bad. Who in their right mind would change their vote because of some stupid email? If you are falling for Iran’s ploy that is just foolish. If you get a threatening email just respond back “bring it B. I’ll be waiting”. Iran would NOT want to be on the side of Trump. Who sent missiles into iran vs who sent them pallets of cash? Think about it.

Gray Wolf, Tully Mars and ditch witch like this.
  14. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

My ultra left wing SIL, the hippy 70s child who dreams of living in California, thinks the 2A is barbaric, and whose freezer only ever contains ice, vodka, and ice cream, texted me two days ago to tell me she took my advice and went to Costco. Her freezer and pantry are now loaded up. "Now I need a gun," she tells me. Darlin you're a day late and a few hundred dollars short on that one, but that IS something I never thought she'd say.

Also I got suspended from Twitter for quoting Biden's comment on having cops shoot people in the leg. I didn't even swear! They're kicking off everyone who isn't a flaming lefty.

15. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

This was proven to be a hoax coming out of Iran. What's interesting about it is the timing. These emails started popping up right after people began posting letters they'd received threatening to burn their houses down because they were Trump supporters. The letters have been reported across the US, and are either sent to people with Trump signs at their homes or who were doxxed through DonaldTrump.Watch – Trump Contributors . Notice which story the media seized upon. "OMG the evil racist Proud Boys are threatening Biden supporters!" Except it was a hoax. Unlike the threatening letters to Trump supporters, which the media is nothing but crickets about.

There were ALWAYS loony toons nutters on both sides of the aisle. Social media just made them hella visible to the average Joe.

techsar, mysterymet, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  16. DKR

[​IMG]
    be informed or be part of the herd....

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Tully Mars likes this.
  17. DKR

follow-up on Denver shooting

Evidence of self-defense in shooting, says TV station guard’s lawyer

DENVER (AP) — A lawyer representing a television station security guard who shot and killed a demonstrator following opposing right- and left-leaning rallies says there was “obvious evidence of self-defense.”

be interesting to see the court case with the video now out.

techsar and Tully Mars like this.
  18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

My 1st thought when I originally heard of all this crap. Seems to me Iran would welcome the Biden bus.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    techsar and mysterymet like this.
  19. DKR

Iran To Import North Korean missiles In 25-Year Military Deal With China
    By Simon Watkins - Oct 19, 2020, 5:00 PM CDT
    Join Our Community
    Following the end on the 18th of October of the 13-year United Nations’ embargo on Iran buying or selling weapons, the roll-out of the military component of the 25-year deal between China and Iran will begin in November, as exclusively revealed by Oil Price.com. After a series of meetings in China on the 9th and 10th of October between Iran’s Foreign Minister, Mohammad Zarif, and his China counterpart, Wang Yi, this military component may now also feature the deployment in Iran of North Korean weaponry and technology, in exchange for oil, according to sources very close to the Iranian government spoken to by OilPrice.com last week. Most notably this would include Hwasong-12 mobile ballistic missiles, with a range of 4,500 kilometres, and the development of liquid propellant rocket engines suitable for intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) or satellite launch vehicles (SLVs). This will all be part of a broader triangular relationship co-ordinated by Beijing and further facilitated by the imminent launch of a new digitised currency system by China.

mysterymet likes this.
  20. TheEconomist

No, that wasn't the Iran hoax. That was a real guy. His name is James Dale Reed and he lives in Frederick, Maryland. This guy actually wrote letters and put up a sign.

Here is the link again in case you are interested in reading it: Man arrested for allegedly threatening to kidnap and execute Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

THIS is the Iran hoax. The one about Proud Boys was the hoax/election interference email.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/10/20/proud-boys-emails-florida/

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7