AR-15 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by magnus392, Sep 16, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pcc

pcc Monkey+

Re: AR Pic Thread:)

I like my AR's in 308 all armalite ar-10's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice, are the AR-10's any cheaper than the M1A1's?

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

$300 to $500 less IMHO, and so much more versatile as a platform for modification. Just as accurate or more so IMHO. Mine is a .308 DPMS AR-10

4. pcc

pcc Monkey+

EL

It depends, MSRP for armalites least expensive is currently $1561.00, the sass is $3078.00. I didn't pay msrp for mine but I got them before the obama scare. I paid $1,400 for my loaded m1a before the obama scare which is within a few dollars of what I paid for the A4 and carbine.

I lucked out on the A4, it really likes the cheap copper washed norinco surplus ammo. Groups with it are within 1/8 inch of lake city match groups.

5. PapaSasquatch

PapaSasquatch Monkey++

Re: AR-15 Picture Thread:)

My zombie prep array:
    [​IMG]

VisuTrac likes this.
  6. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Mr. Potato Head for the win!

7. E.L.

Now that is the way it is done folks. I have an affinity for hunting the undead, unfortunately congress is out of range....lol (just kidding). My oldest daughter really enjoys the undead movies. We are even planning on a zombie day at the range to peak her interest and push it more towards firearms. Zombie masks on melons makes one focus more on front sights, headshots, and makes things more interesting. Make it fun and your kids will always want to go shoot with you.

sgt peppersass likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

We have a xombie shoot scheduled for August up at the range. Come on up.

9. E.L.

Just a wee bit far.

10. PapaSasquatch

PapaSasquatch Monkey++

Are talking about a zombie shoot in Texas? That might make it difficult for me as I'm currently jobless and going from business to business trying to convince everyone I'm the best computer/network tech in this whole valley and to give me their money. I did get a nice verbal agreement for some contract work at a fly fishing place down town!

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Squash, no, it's in PA, might be a bit of a long haul for you, more so than TX. Bound to be others ---

12. HotWire

HotWire Monkey+

Sweet!

13. Hulka73

Hulka73 Monkey+++

Here's an old pic of my RRA entry tactical. I think this is a year or so old. Since then I've added an Aimpoint Micro T1/LaRue combo, Magpul CTR, and a BCM bcg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marck likes this.
  14. ODS9091

ODS9091 Monkey+

Nice looking rifles here. Just bought a lower from Spike's Tactical that I am going to SBR (now that it is legal here in AL). [applaud]

15. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Hulka - nice rifle and I really like the green case. It's compact and items are nicely held in place.
    BTW, how do you like your Millet scope? It sounds like you moved to the T-1.

16. Hulka73

Hulka73 Monkey+++

I like the millet scope, but between that and the mount its really heavy. I think I shaved almost 2lbs. off going to the T1. I still have it, I just keep in my rifle bag.

ETA: The case is a LaRue covert rifle case. It's pretty sweet. Everyone says "There's a rifle in there? No way." For the extra 10 seconds it takes to push the pins in for assembly its really great. It also comes in red or blue, so you really would never guess there's a rifle in it. Linkage:http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=314

17. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

This is my first AR-15. I "pieced" it together over the last 2 years, and just finished by buying the upper from a friend who has too much stuff -- good price, but I don't know much about it yet :whistle: I'm looking forward to checking what ammo shoots the best (9" twist, 16-inch, .875 - .725" graduated SS bull barrel). I'm hoping M193 will drive tacks :^)
    ez_DSC_9095.JPG ez_DSC_9089.JPG ez_DSC_9090.JPG

18. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

With a case like that it's easier to load up the car for the range or hunting trip without worrying about nosy neighbors. I'm going to try a baseball bat bag and see how that works too -- although I'd rather get one like you showed.

19. ISplatU

ISplatU Monkey+

MY toys

[​IMG]

20. Hulka73

Hulka73 Monkey+++

I snapped this in my basement the other day.[​IMG]

1. stg58
  2. Dunerunner
  3. OldDude49
  4. HK_User
  5. Lancer