Another Day, Another Stent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Sep 26, 2017.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I'm pleased to report that I've been off sucking oxygen since Monday afternoon and my blood oxygen levels are doing pretty good.....in the 90's. Got unconditional release to return to work last Thursday.

HK, I fold! You got everyone beat with your heart hand. :p

Yeah, the diet definitely has to change. For me, the hardest thing will be giving up my Johnnie Walker scotch. I have several each day after work. The next will be all the other food. Being a pretty darn Cajun cook, my gumbos, jambalayas, lemon meringue and pecan pies, fresh made breads, home made sausage, home made bacon, bbq of all sorts, etc has pretty much been our staples for many many years. Yeah, I eat fish....fried catfish; catfish courtbouillon; catfish smothered in shrimp etouffee; shrimp and crab and crawfish etouffes; blackened catfish, tilapia, shrimp, and salmon; and on and on.

Yeah, also light exercise. For the last few years, I've been doing a mile or 2 on the treadmill most days of the week. Gotta continue that plus my resistance work.

Like the old saying "If I knew I was gonna live to be this old, I'd have taken better care of myself." :p LOLOL

Kajun

oldawg and HK_User like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Keep on treading water, it'll be OK.
    Exercise after Heart work is mandatory. The more they do for you the more Rehab you need. As I progressed in the Hospital they wanted to infuse blood to get me out sooner due to a low iron level, my statement before surgery was "Life Saving Only".

I refused the blood and stayed 3 days longer. Hep C testing was started in the 90s. None the less in 2000 when I had my open heart valve repair I figured safer was better and what's 3 days extra to keep my system clean?

Eat well, drink a little and enjoy your extended life.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7