Another American Classic Sold Off

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by johnbb, Feb 14, 2021.

1. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Duane, I don’t think the country will last for 10 years, let alone to the next election. The land will be here and some of the people but the USA will be no more.

Thunder5Ranch, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is a good thing as far as Colt is concerned! How ever, I wonder if this "Deal" covers only the firarms side of Colt, or it's Mil/industrial side as well?
    Colt has a much bigger business in Marine Diesels with ownership of Poleski and Fairbanks Morse as well as Colt heavy engines and Steam! I know they were trying to obtain Wakasha Engines but not sure if that went through or not! Ether way, it could be good, or bad, depending on what happens on the industrial side!
    C.Z. own a bunch of really cool stuff now, including Zlin Aero ( who manufactured my plane kit) and their firearms side is pretty large, so it might be good for some licence production to be moved/expanded to eastern Europe, closer to the Ukraine and other "sensitive" areas close to the Russian Federation!!!

3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

the Czech have a longer history with firearms & ammo than the US has been around ...

they got seized wholesale by the invading Germans and never got totally knocked out of production - then the Ruskies put them to work - they pretty much supplied the Viets ....

4. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

I imagine CZ will move production of Colt Firearms out of Connecticut to a more gun friendly and less labor cost intensive state, Texas being number one I would imagine. The current (or any other) administration would be quick to ban importation of scary black rifles no matter whose name is on them, so I couldn't imagine them being made in the Czech Republic.

As was stated before, Colt lived on the government teat for far too long and could not imagine life without juicy government contracts. When FN got the winning bid for M4 rifles, Colt leadership couldn't think of what to do next. Except to make blunder after blunder in the civilian market.

You should check out the YouTube channel Small Arms Solutions with Chris Bartocci. He has a great series on Colt Firearms as a Colt employee's prospective to include Colt's path to their downfall.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7