Ancient technology still in use today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Sep 18, 2020.

1. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

Wagon Wheels are still in use today...

[​IMG]

Meat, 3cyl and SB21 like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Speaking of slingts

What happened to David & Goliath?

Goliath had a personal weapon

David had a range weapon.

Meat and SB21 like this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Not quite technology...but

Sprawling 8-mile-long 'canvas' of ice age beasts discovered hidden in Amazon rainforest | Live Science
    Sprawling 8-mile-long 'canvas' of ice age beasts discovered hidden in Amazon rainforest

8 miles. Not something done overnight and required towers to reach the upper parts of the 'canvas'
    indicating the people had the tech to make rope/cordage, cut and lash towers and the organization to do the painting....

Same time frame as Gobekli Tepe -- start of farming, large scale temple building and so on...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Meat likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The "Ram Pump" is still used today.
    It is a method of pumping water without the use of an external power source.
    There are some demonstrated on you tube and older ones still in service in the Philippines.
    For fun I made one my self and it really works.

Meat and SB21 like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Been wanting to make a ram pump myself,, was wondering if I could get the water flow to spin an alternator, or washer motor at an rpm enough to charge batteries. Just haven't had time to get started on it.

Meat likes this.
  6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Do a site search for "hydraulic ram pump" posted by Aisa Off Grid a few years ago. There are two pdfs related to the construction and limitations of those devices.

Meat and SB21 like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Thank you ,,, wiil do ,, I spoke with Asia off Grid a few times,, really nice guy ,, I was really shocked by his passing. Thanks again.

Meat likes this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I don’t understand this one. Shepherd’s slings I’ve messed with, staff sling? Never heard of it. Sooo cool. Ima do some research now. Thanks folks. :D

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7