Altor 9mm. The gun you have to have if you hate 9mm

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Aug 21, 2020.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

For a few dollars more you could have got a real gun[LMAO][lolol][LMAO][lolol]
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have half of the semi auto 9mm pistols I want. I'm not going to pay up to double what they're worth to get the others now.
    The regular price plus what the altor cost wouldn't even buy one if I could even find one. Might get me a bid on one if I can find one that started as a penny auction only a few hours prior.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Anyone who has several guns and pays double what they're normally worth just to buy more now is an idiot.

john316, Gator 45/70 and Merkun like this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

That is something you have to learn the hard way,at a early age I would hope.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The altor is a mighty high quality zip gun.

john316 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Loaded me up some altor 9mm.
    You know since I sold all my factory ammo.
    I loaded up like 68 rounds because that's all my win shells it gives me 18 to pop off in the altor and 92fs and leaves me with a full box. The load is 90gr sierra HP, WSR primer, 4.5gr of winchester super target (WST) which is the fastest burning shit I have. COAL=1.016 to 17.
    The case is filled about 80 to 90% once the bullet is seated.
    The altor has plenty of free bore, don't set your COAL for the altor unless you want altor only loads. They likely won't chamber in a tighter chamber or the slide will close hard.
    Im going to test it in the 92fs to make sure it cycles.
    From what I can find 4.5gr of WST is a starting load for a 124gr 9x19 round. 3.5 to 3.8gr is used in a 125gr 38spl.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It turns ammunition into a weapon for $100.
    It's faster to reload than a zip gun and can hit stuff 25 yards away.

oldawg likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I asked a question on a now deleted thread by our resident gluck fan boi slash shrill and his response was to delete his thread.
    If I can pickup your brass and reload them and safely fire them in my gun over and over and over and your gun can only safely fire factory fresh ammo, how that gun better?
    When I ask a question and the response is to delete the entire thread I say that's a pretty good indicator that I was correct and that person could defend their BS.
    Oh and if it looks like I'm talking to my self over the past 3 pervious posts, there used to be more posts. The same gluck fan boi slash shrill deleted his posts. He does that a lot.

I'm not saying the altor is better than a glock or even a hi-point. You could always fire the new or 1x powder puff reloaded brass in the glock or other unsupported chamber gun and fire the seasoned brass reloads in something else with a supported chamber until the primer falls out or the case splits.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've found that a Wilson crimping tool takes out that ''bulge''The brass is good to go after that final step.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I haven't found a lot of bulge brass and the ones I do have are pretty mild.
    If I start to accumulate a pile of bulge brass that is still pretty bad after sizing with a regular carbide die I'll get that.
    My madmax scenario is pick up brass that may be bulged, reload it 5 or 10 times, until the cases get lost, split or the primer falls out.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The Beretta 92 will eat most anything thrown at it, Did I mention that its the sexiest machine ever built ?

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm not that gay for my Beretta 92, yet. I used to hate them. I couldn't say anything bad about them after I shot 49 out of 50 on the air force qualification test the first time I ever fired one. Then mine cycles with a non boosted can on 147gr +P ammo.
    What's the drawbacks, it's a little heavier and a little fatter than newer stuff?
    But it's got a supported chamber and it's been able to feed everything I have put in its mag. If it fits it ships.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like big girls I cannot lie....
    The magazine feed is almost a strait shot on the 92's to the chamber.
    If some round won't feed in a 92 then the round is the problem

14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I have loaded up 9mm with short COAL 380acp bullets and they feed fine.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lol, I have a cousin that did that, Couldn't hit crap and the machine wouldn't cycle, He blamed it on his eyesight?

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

In a 92fs just have to load the light little 380 bullets at or near thr max charge for that bullet weight.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Altor Foust

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks they they pulled the altor Foust video.
    They turned an altor into the modern
    Sedgley OSS .38 - Wikipedia
    I think they might have accidentally made an AOW. Gun laws are stoopid.

19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Altor Sedgley OSS reload.

gunbunny and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Nice, it makes me actually disappointed that I didn't buy one of those crappy Altor pistols when they were still available. The guys should have at least used hollow points when shooting/punching the melons.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7