Active shooter - Las Vegas strip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Last Monday we were waking up to the news about this shooting. This weekend I went to an event, about 1000+ people. I looked around and realized that people carried on with life and I wonder if we are becoming hardened to these events.

I notice that the media put Vegas and the gun debate on the back burner and ran with a Hollywood drama (large Dem donor). It almost seemed like the media wasn't getting the support they wanted on the gun grab so they threw Weinstein under the bus. It just felt odd. Sorry double wrapped tin-foil but I thought diversion?

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Local news paraded bits about how gun control has made Britain, etc., "safer" since it was introduced and did everything they could to present a one sided argument.

Oregon is only one seat away from a super majority (we have one turn coat Republican) in both houses of our legislature, and the leaders of both houses are gun grabbers. The Governor is orchestrating gun legislation through the legislature, and as usual will be done under the "emergency" procedures to prevent Voter Referendum.

I predict a virtual blood bath next session for Second Amendment rights. I may even have to find a way to secure most of my firearms out of state if we aren't ready to refugee our tookasses out of here net spring.

DKR and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Perhaps this?

4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

The only reason we still have the First Amendment is because we also have the Second Amendment to protect the First.....

3M-TA3, BTPost and Dunerunner like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The MSM is NOT a proponent of the First Amendment. They will trot out "Freedom of speech" when convenient, but they spend most of their time twisting the truth to fit their agenda while calling anything outside that fake news*.

*fake news DOES exist - I'm pointing out that they will work to shut down anything that doesn't support their agenda.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are very correct. I saw this today and the more I think about it, the more I believe:
    We don't want to ban all "Free Speech" ... just those "Speeches" that we do not agree with.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Hallmark of the left.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

<Motomom said....."and I wonder if we are becoming hardened to these events.">

I'd prefer to think we True Americans refuse to allow these terrorists to dictate how we live, and keep us kowed in fear. We live free. They try to take that,vwe bury them. Eventually that will include the leftist garbage,the crybullies, the snowflakes, the frilly antipantyfas, all of the Globalist's Useful Idiots.

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Tempstar like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

By shear coincidence a Vegas survivor that claimed multiple shooters found dead after having been left alone for four hours. In an additional coincidence the valet who claimed the shooter was a normal guy and didn't have much baggage has disappeared along with the security guard who disappeared just prior to a planned series of interviews. Move along, please, nothing to see here...

Las Vegas Eyewitness, Who Exposed Multiple Shooters, Found Dead

"Days after the shooting, Kymberley Suchomel explained to the Victorville Daily Press how she and her friends escaped with their lives as bullets rained down “from all angles” on the 20,000 concertgoers on Oct. 1.

Suchomel was also vocal about the fact there was “more than one gunman” involved in the attack, speaking out repeatedly and claiming that Las Vegas police and mainstream media were not providing the public with a truthful account of what happened.

Every single survivor I have talked to also remembers multiple shooters, and at least one from the ground- why aren’t we being taken more seriously? Tons of things don’t add up,” she wrote on Facebook.

I have been watching the news non-stop since I arrived back home to my family. And it just doesn’t make sense. The story that are feeding everyone doesn’t add up to our eyewitness accounts. There is something wrong with what they are saying & the evidence seems fake if you ask me.”
    [​IMG]

Explaining that she called her husband and grandmother to warn them she was in a shooting and might not make it out alive, Suchomel wrote, “The gunfire wasn’t stopping this whole time. It wasn’t ceasing. It wasn’t slowing down. And It was directly behind us, following us. Bullets were coming from every direction. Behind us, in front of us, to the side of us."​

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Considering I wasted my late childhood examining external ballistics and terminal damage of high velocity rifle bullets at "long range velocity" I wish I could have seen the crime scene.
    Since bullet velocity and damage at about 400 yards was much of my focus.

11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I would expect the velocity of bullets fired downhill to be a bit faster than bullets fired at a level target - the potential energy from the shooters relative height being transferred to kinetic energy as it dropped. How much I'm too lazy to calculate, other than to say had one of the bullets simply been dropped on my head from that height it likely would have done more damage than to part my hair.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It doesn't work like that at all. When a bullet encounters the atmosphere it is the greatest force working on the projectile, at least until it hits something besides air.
    For every foot of distance a bullet travels at above mach 2 moves it decelerates a little more than 1fps average for the first 100 to 200 yards. So by the time you get to 400 yards the bullet is well below mach 2 at 1,700fps + or - 100fps. These bullets act very differently at 1,700fps at impact than at relatively close range impact say with the bullet traveling at 2,800fps.
    At least with typical 55 and 62gr .223 rounds fired from a semi auto with carbine barrel length, not 24 inch test barrel length.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

One can calculate the added Speed from Gravity, for ANY Object receives, by knowing it's Mass, the height above Ground of the Release Point, as well as the Density of the Air at the moment of of release.... This is no where near the Drop in Velocity, of the Projectile, by Friction, as it travels thru the Air...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

That's why I said "a bit faster".

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7