Accidental Shooting?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Oct 22, 2021.

1. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

I can't make any judgement on it being malicious or not because I was not standing there . In the end of the day Alec Baldwin is guilty of negligence because if you have a gun in your hand You have the responsibility to check if it is loaded. End of Story

Alf60, Capt. Tyree, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

This is a difficult one. I can’t stand the guy but a movie set is not a shooting range nor do our range practices really apply. If so there would probably never be another action movie made.

It is the role of the armourer to ensure that the correct forearm loaded with the correct munition is handed over for use in production. There should NEVER be a live round on set and when actual blanks are being use the firearm should be checked for any obstruction or material that could become a projectile. This is why a production employs a “professional” to manage the arms. No different to an animal wrangler if you need a Tiger or Bear on set. As much as I dislike the actor concerned the blame for this lay elsewhere.

If the stories that the crew had been “plinking” with the firearm in question are shown to be true then I believe the armourer is screwed as it goes to control of the gear and safety. Live ammunition should not be within a hundred miles of a production using firearms.

There was a similar death here a couple of years ago while they were shooting a music video and a live 12ga round got into the mix. This will always land on the armourer as even if someone else (prop master) accessed and moved the firearm it is the armourer’s job to make sure that they can’t without it being properly prepared.

3. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I find it hard to believe that a scene would be shot with the cinematographer and assistant director in the line of fire of anything, including a blank round. Time will tell.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Has there been any talk of entry/exit locations?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yes the Cinematographer was shot in the thorax, and was a Thru & Thru, and died… The projectile then hit the Director and he was Medivac’d to the hospital, and is critical but stable after surgery…

SB21, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Entry in the front of the thorax or back?

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Front as she was facing out the front door as was the camera she was setting up…

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

The memory hole is alive and well as predicted by George Orwell Circa 1984

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Eric Arthur Blair conceived the 'memory hole' idea, circa 1949, when he wrote 1984...but that is by the by. The idea would seem to be an adaptation of the pneumatic tube which was a commonplace technology of that time. The idea of Historical negationism wasn't an entirely novel concept at the time either...Blair, having recent examples of it from Nazi Germany and communist Russia to draw inspiration from, however it probably dates back to the time of the eradication of gnostic beliefs and literature, and with the destruction of Carthage by Rome as a consequence of the Punic Wars: We only have the Roman version of Carthage's history.

The genius of Blair was to describe in detail the every day mundane processes of a totalitarian state, which the USA and other liberal democracies are in danger of becoming, with populist authoritarian politicians appearing in the ascendant...

Gator 45/70 and enloopious like this.
  10. enloopious

LOL it probably started when the first caveman clubbed the other one over his head and took his food/woman/rock.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Billy Baldwin would never point a firearm and pull the trigger unless he wanted something to die. That’s why he’s not going to face manslaughter charges like his brother.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. enloopious

Yes this is related

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  13. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos we get this news.

“I didn’t pull the trigger,” Baldwin said. “I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never.”

--Alec Baldwin

The immediate follow-up questions should have been;
    1. Did you check the cylinder when you picked up the gun?
    2.. Did you cock the hammer before you pointed the gun at the cinematographer?

Guns, especially single action revolvers don't just "go off." They just don't work like that.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

This jerk has been an actor all his life this interview was just another script he was playing.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What a weasel, I apologize to weasel's out there.

16. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Someone loaded a live round into the cylinder, cocked the hammer, pointed the revolver at a person and pulled the trigger. That's the bottom line. That is what the investigation will find. I see no way to dispute this, short of alien intervention. I'm surrounded by armed citizens every day and feel very at ease with it. However, I NEVER let my guard down completely. This, and a long memory, (mine and the magistrate) are likely why I haven't been called to serve on jury duty in 20+ years.

Alf60 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Conspiracy theories afoot.

The fbi "accidentally broke" the firing mechanism on the Alec Baldwin gun.
    Are they so fuckin retarded they don't know how a SAO six gun works?

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Screenshot_20240126-115631~2.

Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Bottom line is he was the producer. Responsible for all involved. If the armorer was incompetent, he still shares blame for hiring her.
    Then there is the cardinal rule that you never point a gun at anything you are not prepared to kill.
    I would love to see this POS fry for this but you know that will not happen

Zimmy, CraftyMofo, 3cyl and 1 other person like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

New Mexico is probably one of the best states in which to kill someone with a gun and get off easy.

Brokor, 3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7