.45 auto: PMC Ammo

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Brokor, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I had a minimum dimension chamber in a SA 1911. Took me a while to figure that one out, fantastic accuracy with some ammo, and so-so with longer rounds. Finding ammo or reloading ammo that was the exact length of chamber and barrel hood fixed my problem. My Ruger P97 has a small chamber, but I haven't had any problems. A lot of reloaders have gone to the Lee die to post-size, to eliminate any out-of-spec problems.

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This whole thing is weird - Eldorado Cartridge Corporation is about 30 miles from me in Boulder City and I've never heard of problems with PMC ammo. I've seen where gun rags brought guns to the desert to test and had 10k rounds of PMC delivered and had no problems.

Did you look at the brass and see what it said on it? Is it all the same? Almost sounds like Armscor or UMC crappy ammo. Ammo companies have to make their ammo to fit any size chambers so normally they're on the short side. So normally they will not only fit your gun but be a bit short.

Calling Eldorado Cartridge Corporation is a good idea. (800) 456-9182

3. Cleaner

Cleaner Monkey+++

Boy that is wierd. They must have been reloads, I fired thousands of rounds of PMC 230gr and never had a problem. Then I've reloaded the brass numerous times after that. But its true that anything is possible. Every manufacturer of any product puts out a lemon every once in a while. Some more than others, like American Ammunition. Stuff is CRAP!! Stay away, far away!!!!

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have never had any problems with PMC either.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7