25 uses for Coffee Filters...

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by CRC, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:lol: Having a few filters is a very good idea for lots of uses as listed. But as a pet bowl, well, I would rethink that if a dog is the customer. There's not dog alive that would not have whatever the filter holds spread over half an acre with the first lick.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Homer Simpson likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You have never seen my dog. I think it would work and will be testing it out plus if the dog does not finish just tie the filter closed for a later meal.

ghrit likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

True, I have not seen your dog. Do, please, let us know how the experiment works, the results could influence others that could possibly forget to include a heavier and liquid holding bowl. Based on my experience with dogs, from cockapoos to setter and retriever sized critters, if it has no weight, it ain't gonna stay in place past the first lick. I have yet to see a canine fastidious enough to eat off paper with a zero scatter factor.

4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Being that it is food grade it must be sterile and if so could posibly be used as bandage material. Yes ?

Ganado likes this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Worked really well. I put some canned in there but he kept taking it out and putting on the rug but the coffee filter held the kibble really well.
    IMG_3149.JPG IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3161.JPG IMG_3162.JPG IMG_3163.JPG

Good point that it is sterile but I do not think they are very absorbent. Good question

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'll keep some in my pocket ,for the next time I spring a leak cutting my self .

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My daughter's dog would then eat the coffee filter and we would spend the day at the Vet!

Yard Dart and RightHand like this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

i use them in the car coffee holder for spills and i use them instead of cheese cloth for filtering everything. just line a large sieve with one and strain. These are an indispensable cheap kitchen tool,

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Motomom34
  3. Ganado
  4. Shinzo
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Motomom34
  8. Ganado
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34