Sale of Ammo Stock

Discussion in 'Firearms and Related' started by T. Riley, Mar 6, 2024.

Tags:
  1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I have about 10,480 Rounds of .223/5.56, 1,350 rounds of 12g, 500 rounds of .243, 14,090 rounds if 22LR, 2,155 of 9mm, 420 rounds of 308, 50 rounds of 300 Subsonic.

I have to value it for estate purposes. All are in 39 ammo cans and range from 6-12 years old.

Suggestions on valuation? My first guess was about $6k which is about 50% of current prices.

2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Yeah, close to what I came up with at 50% of bulk price.

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Might you list it here, and if you do, let me know, might be interested in a few of these, but not the full bulk!
    Couple thou of 5.56, all 420 of the .308, ect.,........................Lemme know!

4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

There are a lot of firearms websites that have active classifieds and many of them will welcome queries about the value of guns and ammo. Because prices can vary it makes sense to get closer to the end of probate before getting a valuation. Should we decide to finally stock up our dwindling reserves of 5.56 to replace all that has been sent to Ukraine then it will become scarce on the retail market and prices will skyrocket, Can also happen due to political pressure to prevent companies with govt contracts from selling on the civilian market. Trump wins and prices go through floor just like last time as potential for CW2 decreases.

I can suggest northwestfirearms.com as a great site for help in pricing as well as current ads that can let you gause prices, though asking and selling prices can differ.

T. Riley likes this.
  6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Could always check out the completed sales on gunbroker, then average out the per round value and apply to what you have.
    That would be the best way to see what people are currently paying.

3M-TA3 and T. Riley like this.
  1. duane
  2. OldDude49
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. deMolay
  6. Grandpa Patch
  7. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft