Zojirushi Find

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Nov 13, 2020.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Sweetie and I go to thrift shops once a week or so. This afternoon, we went to her favorite. I usually take off and hit the toys, cooking stuff and electronics. Today, I wandered over to their big bin and there was a Zojirushi Supreme in it! I looked at it, found the price and scooped it into my cart. Then, I went back and picked up the bread slicing guide thingy I'd seen earlier. Got them home, opened them up and darn near fell off my chair. The bread machine had never been take out of the original packaging! The slicing guide had never been used. Oh Yeah, Baby!! Price was $20 for the Zojirushi and $3 for the slicing guide. I'm a happy camper tonight! To top it off, Sweetie got them for me as early Christmas prezzies. [​IMG]

Ganado, marlas1too, Gray Wolf and 7 others like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Congrats on the awesome finds. I'll hit them when happen to go by one and have a little time to kill.
    I went by one about a year ago , found an old mattox in there , not a normal sized one , a little smaller than normal. The thing was old ,, and well used , but it was one of the good heavy duty ones ,, made when they built stuff to last. I threw it in the back of my truck,, ended up using it a few days later to break up an old cast iron tub so I could get it out of a house I was remodeling.. Don't know why,, but that's my most favorite find in the last few years. 4 dollars well spent..

3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Most of the time I hit the thrift and junk shops and find a lot of cool stuff priced twice what it's worth, but sometimes I get lucky. Have found a lot of old silver plate platters and serving trays that now sit atop my vanity holding assorted nail polish, skin care, and hair pretties. But the score of the year so far was from Goodwill. Was in there looking for nothing in particular when the Mr waved me over.
    "Did you see the dummy?" he asked.
    "Your ex wife is here?" :ROFLMAO:
    "The dressmaker dummy," he sighed.:rolleyes:
    They'd tossed it in a box full of stuffed animals so I'd totally missed it. It was one of the adjustable ones, and not just the usual size adjustable but one that really cranked up to accommodate clothing for people who like natchos and donuts too much. Not a flaw to be found on it, other than the sightly offputting stank that everything at Goodwill picks up. I couldn't find a price marked so I took it to the front and held my breath, because brand new ones like it run $150-200. Clerk said $20. I said Sold.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Ganado, TXKajun, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I have one of those bread makers...whatta score!

TXKajun, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

My best scores were a Big Berkey water filter (needed filter elements) for $7.50 and a hand crank mill for grinding grain for $1.75, and a Cutco bread knife for $2.00.

Ganado, ditch witch, TXKajun and 2 others like this.
  6. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

My best find was at a yard sale. I found an All American Canner in great shape for $5.00. Always keep an eye out for good deals.

ditch witch, SB21 and TXKajun like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7