Young Mass Shooters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Jul 7, 2022.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Mass shooters and smoking weed connections are too many to ignore
    July 7, 2022 | Vivek Saxena | FacebookTwitterGettrLinkedInTelegramGabPost.

Suspected Highland Park mass shooter Robert Crimo III’s marijuana-smoking habit has reignited the debate over whether there’s a link between the narcotic drug and mass shootings, and whether this possible link is justification for maintaining prohibition.

Some, like Miranda Devine of the New York Post, believe it’s a connection worth exploring, at minimum, and that marijuana should remain 100 percent illegal.

“Those who knew the 21-year-old suspect, Robert Crimo III, say he habitually smoked cannabis, a habit he appeared to share with young mass shooters, including at Uvalde, Dayton, Parkland and Aurora. Obviously weed didn’t make them commit their evil acts, but it may have scrambled their brains enough for empathy to take a holiday,” Devine wrote on Wednesday for the Post.

SB21, Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I think a life without real human interaction and 24/7 access to a fantasy world of their own making can't help either. They're legends in their own mind.

Tully Mars, SB21, Capt. Tyree and 5 others like this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Just my theory the rise of violent video games correlates with a rise in juvenile mass shootings

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Idk something that appears to mellow out at least most people makes a few paranoid as hell.

SB21, Ura-Ki and duane like this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I knew many who smoked weed, and were decent upstanding people, never a danger to anyone. I throw the big red Bull Feces flag on this assertion. One can as easily say, "The shooters all drank coffee, sweet tea, coca-cola, etc., so these are making them violent!" There is simply no way to prove causality here.

SB21, Gray Wolf, CraftyMofo and 2 others like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Just scan through the movies offered on HBO, Showtime and Stars, Epix, Netflix and Prime. The vast majority are violent or attempt to glamorize the criminal life or make light of it. Add a dose of bad parenting, isolation and the regression into a fantasy world of violent video games reinforced with a little pot habit and what do you get?

Tully Mars, Ura-Ki and johnbb like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I drive through a development to get to my property, 99 percent of the time I don’t see one kid outside. It’s more like a movie set than a community full of people. What the kids are doing is anybody’s guess but it can’t be very healthy overall.

SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Never have I seen someone smoke a doob and get violent. One of my best friends has smoked Mary J for 50 years now and is as laid back as they come. The problem seems to be disconnected and introverted youth taking psych drugs and acting out some fantasy. The commonality of the latest several mass shooters screams to me that there are other factors at play as well, and definitely some coaching going on.
    When a pot smoking 50 plus years old military vet decides to do a mass shooting, expect much more carnage. This recent rash of young shooters are merely distractions.

SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  9. hot diggity

@Meat nailed it. Kids don't play in the dirt. Don't build forts, dig holes, push trucks around and ride bikes. That's the root of a whole raft of social, mental and physical problems. I've noticed that young men can't complete the process from imagining something to making it from raw materials at hand. I'm not talking about the machine shop skills they're not learning in school, Not even simple caveman level stuff like modifying a broom handle with a file to make a new tool. Really basic mental capacity is absent in young men.

So these sick, weak little boys go on-line and copy a behavior that meets their abysmal skill level, but still can't complete the mental exercise to see the consequences of their actions.

My biggest fear as a boy was what Grandma would think. It worked.

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  10. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

As a kid Mom would put us outside in the morning call us for lunch back outside until supper. I hated to be in the house on a rainy day. We played with other kids in the neighborhood, we had cap guns played cowboys and Indians (guess it's not PC now), played stick ball n the sweet, built forts. rode our bikes. We entertained ourselves. None of my friends became mass murderers. You don't see that much anymore it's all organized play dates or sitting in the house playing on the computer or watching TV. I agree with hot diggity something is wrong in our society.

Tully Mars, SB21, Meat and 3 others like this.
  11. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I'm highly skeptical of any link to marijauna use. I would be more interested to see a study on why 98.6% of all mass shooters were on antidepressant medication.
    Drunk people run stop signs. High people wait for them to turn green.

oldawg, Tempstar, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

You haven’t lived until you’ve crafted a set of nunchucks, hit yourself in the face and nuts a number of times. Ouch!

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well we also know dumping a bunch of chemicals into the brains of young adults messes with them.
    Seemingly good or beneficial drugs used on adults (25 and up) seem to have more of an mkUltra effect on the brains of young adults or adolescents.
    I consider people in their early 20s adolescents because most still make impulsive hormonal based choices.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  14. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Weed of today ain't the weed of even 10 years ago.

15. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I can verify that they will indeed make the boys bag black for a good week!

Gator 45/70, oldawg and SB21 like this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

The kid was involved with that Antifa crowd ,, those liberal protest everything groups ,, the establishment ,, gender freaks ,,,, etc . I saw somewhere that he said ,,, that shooting was his " destiny " . He was trying to be a hero in his little circle of friends. And the kid looked like he might have been short a chromosome or something,, and the drugs ,, pot, pills ,, whatever he takes,, just didn't help . And yes,,, if he'd have been out playing in the creeks and dirt,, chasing the rest of the kids in the neighborhood till dark ,,, and had some parents busting his ass when he done wrong ,,, maybe things would be different. This ain't the world some of us grew up in ,, and I still like playing in the creeks and dirt ,,, but I'd just as soon stay in my own yard now ,, because the folks outside my yard ,,, ain't the same as the folks I grew up with . Hell ,, that being said ,,, maybe it's up to us to reach out to these kids ,, and kick'em off into a mud puddle or something,,, used to be ,, the neighbors up the road could whoop my ass for screwing up ,,, and send me home for another ass whooping . There just ain't enough ass whoopings going on . These kids are in time outs,, and sitting in the basements.
    Yep ,, times are a changing .

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  17. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Is there a link between marijuana use and psychiatric disorders? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) (nih.gov)

Several studies have linked marijuana use to increased risk for psychiatric disorders, including psychosis (schizophrenia), depression, anxiety, and substance use disorders, but whether and to what extent it actually causes these conditions is not always easy to determine.32 Recent research suggests that smoking high-potency marijuana every day could increase the chances of developing psychosis by nearly five times compared to people who have never used marijuana

Mental Health | Health Effects | Marijuana | CDC
    People who use marijuana are more likely to develop temporary psychosis (not knowing what is real, hallucinations, and paranoia) and long-lasting mental disorders, including schizophrenia (a type of mental illness where people might see or hear things that are not really there).2 The association between marijuana and schizophrenia is stronger in people who start using marijuana at an earlier age and use marijuana more frequently.

Of course, this is from the folks that forced the clot shot on the US Public, so their cred is seriously in question

SB21 likes this.
  18. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My wife's sisters kid was a pot smoker and in his late teens early 20's developed schizophrenia ----don't know if they are connected wasted life

SB21 likes this.
  19. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

T5R has a point as well . This pot they have these days ,,, no telling what kind of chemicals is in this stuff today .

Minuteman and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  20. hot diggity

I know modern pot stinks. Nasty skunk stink. Not at all like 1970 pot.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7