Would take this as a gift for a job well done

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hank2222, Apr 25, 2018.

1. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Here the deal
    I left Wal-Mart in 2015 time frame i was tried of the bull—- of the company.so I was working Vegas and talked to a old friend about looking for another job .my friend told about a job in company in his company so I went to work for a private company as a investigator for them .we get bonus for the work do on the different case that we worked on and if a big case the bonus can be a big one if it a good one .in 2017 i worked on a case that saved the insurance company over 200.million dollars on a fraud case on them in multi state claim From the people .that was involved in the case
    The case went trial and they where sentence to prison for diff time frame for the diff people involved in the case .last month when I was inside car with my boss and owner of the insurance company.we where going to lunch that day i said as a joke as we where driving by the Mercedes Benz dealership here in Las Vegas .they had one sitting out in the parking lot .i told the head of the company when driving past the dealership that day I would take that as my Bonus for the case
    Today I got the notice to come down to talk to dealership about the delivery of the vehicle when it comes in .now insurance just jumped a few $100.00 dollars a month .but it funny my boss was like do you like you bonus for the job .

DCE41710-70E7-40AD-BE5C-8A93A0B2AB3D.

87190E75-95C1-4A53-A223-8F440BADB223.

B9CAC3BF-BEFD-4330-AFFC-0C120442BA35.

Seepalaces, Bandit99, oldawg and 8 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sweet!!! Now you be styling!

Seepalaces, hank2222 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I woulda held out for the Alfa Romeo Disco Volenti my self, such as it is, that's a sweet AMG-GT you got There!!!

Seepalaces and hank2222 like this.
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

you should know if its fair . If your feelings are to post here , Id say know , or your showboating
    S

hank2222 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is a beautiful car. I think Mercedes hold their value really well. What color are you getting?

Seepalaces, hank2222 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Wait until some knucklehead scratches it. You will probably end up in a courtroom again.

Seepalaces, hank2222, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Nice!! It wouldn't work for me given the rustic nature of the roads where I live..

Seepalaces likes this.
  8. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Her th rub I have to pay tax’s on the gift plus I’m going back to court here next week on the final part of the court trials on the lower end people

Seepalaces likes this.
  9. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

One of the people in our side told the guy to pay off her car and buy her a new one which they did .moslty we get a nice steak dinner or a small cash payout to us

Seepalaces likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

You may wish to update your avatar....;) The coupe is lookin' a little minimalist. :D

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki, hank2222 and 3 others like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Agreed...I wouldn't be taking that baby to the court parking lot. :eek:

12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Nice. I'd have been happy with a new set of tires for my old pickup.

Seepalaces, Ura-Ki, hank2222 and 3 others like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'd rather have the cash .

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The company is happy because the tax burden is easier on them. Personally I would rather have the money because a fancy car would be too stressful. I would dislike the worry of something happening to it. An oil change on a luxury car is very expensive so are repairs.

15. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I'd trade it in / sell it, by a new Jeep, and spend the rest of the money on a winch (not wench), lifts, tires, larger axles, lockers, snorkel, etc. Then, go off-roadin'. :D

One of the funnest times I ever had in my life, was buyin' a 1990 YJ and doin' all the mods myself, some a good friend helped me, though.

16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Sell it. Sell it without putting any miles on it so you get max value. Take the money and put it to good use, like making more money with it. Unless you are wealthy, which from your post tells me you are not, ownership of expensive cars are ridiculous, actually borderline stupid. The cost of insurance and maintenance alone is a good reason to sell. Plus, what can they be used for besides an emotion glow pill to one's ego? Can't pull someone out of ditch or fill the back with wood like one can with a good truck. You can't get good gas mileage. They cannot even perform duties like a midsize SUV. They are extremely impractical unless one is very wealthy. Sell it or, better yet, take the money instead.

hank2222 likes this.
  17. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I'd ask the dealership if they wanted to buy it back. Take the cash, and then talk to a tax attorney to see if I can claim a loss or take depreciation on the deal...

Bandit99, Ura-Ki and hank2222 like this.
  18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Cool! Enjoy your bonus, I get some pretty cool bonuses once in a while myself and they are always something that I wouldn't buy for myself even if I really wanted it. That is the best part about bonuses, they are bonuses!

hank2222 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7