Winter 2023/2024

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by VisuTrac, Jan 13, 2024.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

First real snow fall this year in the SE Mitten. Only 7 inches for this storm but it was coming down at an inch an hour.
    PXL_20240113_184822119.

Tempstar, Meat, Zimmy and 4 others like this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When it hits it's going to F everything up
    We're looking at Lowes of 0f and highs of 15f in new Mexico. Last time it got that cold was maybe 2020 and before that like 2011.

Meat, Brokor and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

17 below herre ( north Idaho) this morning and now its a balmy 6 below.

Tempstar, Meat, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Meat, Zimmy, Brokor and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

-17 here on the Mountain in Colorado with 4+feet of snow! The Drifts are epic, and the winds between 10 and 45 MPH! Been running the plows nearly non stop, keeping the Super Imp running 24 hours day along with the the Cat 545 Skidder with it's new plow blade! The Imp is burning a little less then 3 gallons per night at high idle, while the Skidder at high idle burns around 7 gallons a night!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2024
    Meat, Zimmy and johnbb like this.
  6. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

AccuWeather which tends to push the global warming BS was pushing an article--- due to global warming there will be a shortage of snow. Had to laugh they were running 3 stories at the same time of heavy snow fall in the northwest, another icy blast in the south, and potential blizzard from Shitcago up into the NE.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    Meat, Brokor and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

now.
    Damn cold right now. Looking ahead, it's going to only get colder.
    sun. mon. tue.
    Sun, Mon, Tue... and a view of next week.
    next week.
    But the West Coast will see a break as the vortex moves Eastward...
    Windy as forecasted

8. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Buffalo Bills/Pittsburgh Steelers game (playing in Buffalo) postponed from tomorrow, to Monday afternoon. Erie County, NY (where the Bills are located) is going to a travel ban at 9PM tonight. They'll revisit it tomorrow, after they can assess how the roads look.

I'm about midway between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, and we're going to get 2-6 inches here. Erie County/Buffalo region, they're saying 1-3 feet of snow. High winds along with it.

CraftyMofo, Meat and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I've been activated for the hospital in Dallas from tomorrow morning until possibly Wednesday morning.

I've got a cot and plenty of canned ravioli. Its going to be a challenging week.

Tempstar, CraftyMofo, Meat and 2 others like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's a balmy 18 degrees here in Tentlandia with an entire inch of snow with a little freezing rain. Yep it's Snowpocalypse 2024 with everyone hunkered down and afraid to leave their houses. Schools were closed yesterday "just in case". I'm still running around in shorts and a polo shirt while my neighbors look like they are headed out for an Arctic expedition. Pretty sure most of them will resume normal activity by August. Only real issues are those who bought into all electric for their homes and now about 100,000 without power, but hey, no CO2 emissions so their shivering virtue signalling is probably saving us all from catching fire.

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

our power was knocked out a few times last night and today.
    No big, we just brought out the portable battery fan and blew the air across the fireplace insert .. and threw a couple more logs on, made some tea and read a book.

Tempstar, Zimmy and CraftyMofo like this.
  12. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Celsius makes the Dallas weather outlook seem worse than it is. Most of y'all would laugh at 10f for lows. Screenshot was for Canadian family.

But if that precipitation is sleet this town is gonna go to hell until it thaws. Most frozen precipitation is sleet in the winter and hail in the summer. Snow is still rare and cute to us.

Screenshot_20240113_185537_FOX 4 WAPP.

13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

It's gonna get COLD down here in the heart of Dixie! Ice, snow and single digit temps are forecast for a week! But as I keep telling folks, I got me a plan for that!

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7