Willie Nelson's newest..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRC, Feb 14, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Uh...nothing to add??

Nelson Unveils 'Gay Cowboy' Valentine
    Willie Nelson

February 14, 2006, 4:45 PM ET

Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y.
    Willie Nelson chose Valentine's Day to release the gay-themed song "Cowboys are Secretly, Frequently (Fond of Each Other)." The country music icon premiered the track this morning (Feb. 14) on Howard Stern's Sirius Satellite Radio show as it was being made exclusively available via Apple's iTunes music store.

Nelson recorded the song, written in 1981 by songwriter Ned Sublette, last year at his home studio in Perdernales, Texas, around the time he first mentioned it during an appearance on Stern's former terrestrial radio show. The timing of the song's release coincides with a time when the idea of gay cowboys is being discussed throughout the media due to the success of the Academy Award-nominated film "Brokeback Mountain."

Coincidentally, Nelson contributed the track "He Was a Friend of Mine" to the movie's Verve soundtrack, which peaked at No. 54 on The Billboard 200.

"The song's been in the closet for 20 years," Nelson says in a statement released to the Dallas Morning News. "The timing's right for it to come out. I'm just opening the door."

Adding to the track's poignancy is David Anderson, Nelson's longtime tour manager, who revealed his homosexuality to Nelson two years ago.

"This song obviously has special meaning to me in more ways than one," Anderson tells the Dallas Morning News. "I want people to know more than anything -- gay, straight, whatever -- just how cool Willie is and ... his way of thinking, his tolerance, everything about him."

A video "Cowboys are Secretly, Frequently (Fond of Each Other)" will be created by the Broken Lizard comedy troupe ("Super Troopers," "Club Dread") with plans to release it exclusively through iTunes.

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Willie smoked so much of that Arkansas Polio Weed he probably thinks homosexual means you transpose juxtapositioned letters. Dislexic for y'all that spent too much time on his bus.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[grlft] [haay]

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

I'm ashamed of Buttbackmountain the movie.
    What has happened to our country when this can get in the main stream movies and place awards?
    Steven Spielberg sure isn’t happy about it. Willie must be slipping in his old age.

6. E.L.

Same here. Willie though has always been a hippie/liberal. Even though "BrokeButt" is crashing at the theatres, it doesn't matter to the liberal Hollywood idiots, they nominate, then give awards to it for every category they can think of. Just one other instance of them trying to shove their liberal tendencies down our throats. :mad:

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

ETA italics by ghrit

8. E.L.

Wouldn't you know it, talk about timing, Willie is coming to town this weekend. I don't think he will have to worry about finding a seat for me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7