Why shelter in place won't work

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oil pan 4, Oct 26, 2023.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If the cops are on the way it could work. As part of an organized attack, clearly no.
    So Israelis all have bomb shelters.
    The hamas amateur rocket association knows this. So they fire off a shit ton a rockets to over whelm military, police, security, ect. Then gunmen on foot go raid homes. If they can't breach the bomb shelter they set the house on fire.

This is siege warfare since forever.

Gator 45/70, sasquatch91 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Out in the woods

Out in the woods off-grid in-the-forest beekeeper

Do you anticipate an enemy army suddenly appearing within a few miles of your home? Killing and taking slaves and hostages?

Zimmy, 3cyl, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Piss poor planning, having a bomb shelter that would allow an enemy to burn you out just by lighting your home on fire!

4. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

One of those things that looks great on paper and was a over all failure in practice. From what I have been reading the fires themselves were not the malfunction..... the being trapped inside a small sealed air tight room and running out of oxygen was.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm in new Mexico so yeah.
    The last time something like that happened in Israel was 2006.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I think most of us, to include the normal Israeli, thought this crap was pretty much finished. Yeah, you would get the odd nutcase looking to meet Allah but not a major offensive. I do hope Israel ends this once and for all and I think they mean to do just that...which is why the Hamas supporters, from top to bottom, are totally freaked and pulling out all the stops with propaganda against their extermination.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    jim2, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Meanwhile in Syria, A-10 goes Berrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttr!

Iran better pull way back or it's gonna get Loud in their world!

3M-TA3, Brokor, Tempstar and 2 others like this.
  8. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

Lotta palestine vs jew stuff here at some kansas colleges, lets go isreal!

CraftyMofo, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

seen it already happen to a small extent in the US - Israel has Hamas & Hezbollah terrorists - we HAD just native born terrorists to worry about - now thanx to Biden we have an entire army of pizz poor POS come across the South Border >>> both have their ideology of mixed parts economics $$$$ and racial hatred ....

during the Ferguson Riots saw a riot group push into a gated community of $$$ Well Offs - everybody knows the story of being confronted by two homeowners >>> What we can only imagine is what the invading group's next move would have been - ????

10. duane

duane Monkey+++

For all the anti gun talk, I remember watching a movie , based on a real life story, where only the police and military were armed. It was called Schindler's List. It made me think long and hard about being totally dependent on the good intentions of the government.

Melting down the classic statue of General Lee and his horse by a couple of black college profs did not impress me with the directions this country is taking. Their actions were OK after a group with a permit to parade were attacked by a larger group without a permit and somehow the white protesters ended up being both the bad guys and being the ones in legal trouble and being sued in court and losing,

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Before you can repeat history you must erase history.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

One may wish to explain that to those who believe the Holocaust was a nothingburger. :rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's what I'm talking about. Pretend like it didn't happen so it can happen again.
    And the Holocaust was a nothing burger compared to communism.

Brokor and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

Chel, had a cousin who was not a Jew, but married one and worked and lived in Poland in the 1930's. He got out. OK, but wife, kids, wife's family were all lined up and shot before he could even argue she was his wife. Don't know about anyone else but after he got out of British army, joined up to fight Germans and US wasn't in war yet, he lived with us for a couple of years. He had a bad case of what they would now call. PTSD. Don't know about the rest of ones claimed to be killed.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. NEPrepper

NEPrepper Monkey

all depends on the situation. have both a bug in and bugout plan

Jerry Fisk and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When the US and other countries have been dissolved, and the UN is in charge , US services will be required to serve the UN and the forests are closed off from public access, those lands people have will be taken by hook or by crook literally, and people are forced into cities,
    Then what will you do?
    They with the propensity to kill for survival will be whittling down the population for the elite.
    Between the drones, starvation, disease, and UN troops all resistances will be eliminated.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Commies have usually tried to empty out the cities and force people out into the country to be farmers, find rubies, ect. Where they die of starvation.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Every time I plant something in the woods something out there breaks it down and eats it.
    Guess I'll be needing a recipe for coons?

Jerry Fisk, Zimmy and jim2 like this.
  19. castlebravo92

castlebravo92 Monkey

Late to the thread, but the Israelis were additionally hampered by a lack of access to firearms, and when they did have firearms, ammunition.

Jerry Fisk likes this.
  20. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Living forever in a fallen America isn't always the option. The quote, "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?", comes to mind.

After several samples from proud cooks, coons (and carp) are sadness food.

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7