Who really owns that LTS food company anyway?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, Mar 29, 2021.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I will say up front that I actively avoid doing business with outfits based in Utah - if I have any choice at all. I was a property owner in Utah for several decades and have family that still live there. IOW - an environment I'm familiar with....

Having said that - I've been running a thread set on anther board digging up ownership and sources - if possible - for LTS food suppliers. Transparent isn't something you find with most UT based outfits.

Here's the last one I ran....
    My Patriot Supply (MPS) (Emergency Preparedness, Food Storage & Supplies)
    Main warehouse
    My Patriot Supply
    1175 South Meridian Park Road, Suite A
    Salt Lake City, UT 84104

this returns zip on Google maps - a new one for me.
    Loopnet shows:
    428,854 sq. ft. of new construction. 400' building depth. 50' x 54' column spacing with 60' x 65' end bays. 36' clear height. ESFR. Build to suit office and lighting. Gas forced heat in the warehouse. 145 trailer parking stalls. Located at the NW corner of Bangerter Highway & California Avenue. - a large multiuser warehouse type building.

Business listings for the address shows multiple businesses here:
    Ready Hour
    (readyhour.com)(seems this is a Brand? of MPS)
    Patriot Seeds
    Emergency Essentials
    (https://beprepared.com/pages/contact-us)(Same mailing addr in Sandpoint ID)
    Alexapure ( shows as water treatment supplies)
    Camping Survival (Improvise, Adapt and Overcome) (Sells Ready Hour food packets)

MPS also offers and 'affiliate' program. You can read the details if you have any interest - just know that it is offered.

The "About us" page from the MPS site makes no mention of Emergency Essentials.
    State of Utah Business license data
    The business name "My Patriot Supply" appears to be available! To find out, register the business name "My Patriot Supply" »
    State of Utah business license for Emergency Essentials
    Entity Number:
    11309566-0151
    Company Type: DBA
    Address: 1911 SOUTH 3850 WEST Salt Lake City, UT 84104 Registered Agent: Gary Bringhurst
    Registered Agent Address: 1911 SOUTH 3850 WEST
    Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    NOTE how these (MPS/EE) are related is unknown/not shown. See below
    The business name "ReadyHour" appears to be available! To find out, register the business name "ReadyHour" »

CAMPING N SURVIVAL
    Entity Number: 11461229-0151
    Address: 901 N 60 E Orem, UT 84057
    State of Origin:
    Registered Agent:
    Linda Katherine Thompson
    Registered Agent Address:901 N 60 E Orem, UT 84057 (this is a residence)

(CampingSurvival is what is listed at the SLC address related to MPS- the above is likely not the same outfit, but this is what comes up in the license from the SoU)

The BBB Take on My Patriot Supply (SLC)
    [​IMG]
    My Patriot Supply | Better Business Bureau® Profile
    BBB accredited since 5/9/2018. Emergency Disaster Preparedness in Salt Lake Cty, UT. See BBB rating, reviews, complaints, request a quote & more.
    [​IMG] www.bbb.org
    -- as always, read and draw your own conclusions.

CampingSuvival shows this building
    [​IMG]

which clearly is not the building at 1175 South Meridian Park Road, Suite A. But their site shows the Meridian Park addr as their 'warehouse". I had no luck in finding this retail address.
    Emergency Essentials
    (shows up as BePrepared.com. )
    Shows returns processed by "BePrepared.com. "
    Please ship all returns to:
    1175 South Meridian Park Road Suite A

Salt Lake City, UT 84104

EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS
    Entity Number:
    11309566-0151
    Address: 1911 SOUTH 3850 WEST Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    State of Origin:
    Registered Agent:
    Gary Bringhurst
    Registered Agent Address:
    1911 SOUTH 3850 WEST Salt Lake City, UT 84104
    The other business listed at the address above is no other than The Blue Chip Group
    (Blue Chip Group |) (Blue Chip Group | Our Brands) also known as Augason Farms and Live Prepared.

Not exactly transparent. I had to back-tie multiple address as MPS and ReadyHours are not a listed Utah business entity.

Always perform due diligence prior to making a big $$$ purchase..

2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I have been buying from Thrive Life for years and have never had an issue with them. They are from Utah.

HK_User likes this.
  3. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Thanks for the heads up.

I have purchased some FD fruits and veggies from Augason Farms, a hundred bucks, maybe two. Had no issues. For meats and meals I only get Mountain House but have bought through a couple different vendors. It is critical to price compare everything as one place will be much cheaper on one item and a different vendor will beat them by a mile on a different item. Watch the “sales” and never pay retail. Most stuff can be had at 30-40% off list if you are patient and buy in quantity.

There is a new LTS FD food outfit out of Canada called Happy Yak. I saw a couple YouTube reviews that said it was superb, even better than MH. They have a US distributor in Vermont. Their stuff is quite pricey but then FD foods aren’t ever cheap. The HY foods are in pouches and very long term pouch storage is generally quite compromised compared to cans with O2 absorbers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    techsar and HK_User like this.
  4. DKR

Ran a full workup on them.

They sell camping food and only claim 18 month shelf life, Vegan product with TVP only

HK_User and Airtime like this.
  5. DKR

If you compare Augason Farms to Patriot Supply - you really can't - its all the same outfit. MLM - MultiLevel Marketing - something too many Utah based outfits play at.

Honeyville Farms, for example, supplies a whole raft of other resellers. The even advertise, 'Private label" production.

Why buy from Legacy food storage? They are a private label produced by Honeyville... Cut out the middleman and buy direct from the original producer, you will likely get a better price point. .

It pays to take the time to dig...

techsar and HK_User like this.
  6. DKR

Thrive Life is one part of an outfit selling under several names.

upload_2021-3-29_15-40-59.

ditch witch and HK_User like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Thanks @DKR for doing the leg work on this.

techsar, HK_User and DKR like this.
  8. DKR

I’ve done this for dozens of business in the food biz.

9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I'm a Mountain House guy - I mean - I actually like their 'Biscuits and Gravy' and they got a few others that are pretty good, Chicken and Dumplings and Sweet & Sour Pork, to name a couple. Yeah, they are more expensive but I'm worth it. LOL! I'm actually thinking of picking up some more given the current state of things. I thought I had enough but...I got this nasty feeling that things are going to start to unravel this year.

ditch witch, DKR, HK_User and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7