warnings about this site...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Nov 4, 2023.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

when I click on this site I'm getting warnings about the site may not be legit or clock or expired certificate??? anyone else?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yes, probably an expired cert

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

I just got the warning for the first time as well...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Yep, Firefox let me know that monkeys are dangerous, too! ;)

Gator 45/70, Zimmy and Minuteman like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah same here certificate issues for at least 4/5 days

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sometimes it just takes time for the new certificate to propagate throughout the inter-webs.
    I finally got to SM using Chrome without the error today.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

The "admin" responsible for the simple process of renewing the security fails to do his job, again.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The renewal of SSL Certificates is a regular predictable event that can be diary noted, and prepared for in advance of necessity. There are some processes involved, How to Renew Your SSL Certificate in 4 Simple Steps (2023 Tutorial) but nothing that appears to be particularly onerous, other than stumping up the money from the site's operating budget, to get the renewal application processed. SSL Certificate Cost in 2023: How Much to Spend on an SSL Certificate.

In some circumstances, SSL Certificate renewal can be automated.

9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

…..you two trying to win this year’s “Whiney Bitch” award ?? So far it a tie !

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Goodness Andy, my objective was not to cast nasturtiums in any particular direction. Just pointing out the general processes involved in doing an SSL certificate renewal....the last three or so SSL Cert expiries have resulted in a 4 or more day site hiatus.

It's no skin off my nose, I just spend a little more time on other pursuits.

But am impressed with your tone policing. It deserves a halo. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Good training when the site goes down. Lets you see if you suffer from a meme addiction, or if you can turn your focus to more important stuff like actually living, going to bed at a reasonable time, and speaking to people face to face.

Many thanks to @melbo and the crew that got things back up again. There was never any doubt. ;)

12. hot diggity

During the down-time I actually figured out why I had no closet space.

I got all my dress shirts and winter coats hung up for the first time in years. :)

IMG_20231106_203553. IMG_20231106_211120.

13. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Where's the winter stuff? lol

Alanaana and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. hot diggity

That is the "winter stuff." My Coleman vest and thousand-miler jacket are all I need here at the beach. ;)

Alanaana, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  15. duane

duane Monkey+++

Said the certs had expired and could not be sure it was safe. I am sure it is another part of our great loss of B T Post and many others. B T was an expert on all that sort of that. sh** as well as a lot of other things. Thank you Melba and crew. As always the general leads the parade, the soldiers fought the battles, people in supply got the food, gas, ammo, etc to them, a civilian raised the food, made the ammo, etc. It is a team effort and on the net if it fails, the site is gone. Don't do as. much as I should, but really appreciate all the hard work and time put in by those that maintain and preserve the Monkey.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7