Wanderings, Never know where that rabbit hole will lead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dont, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I, like many others will start looking at a YT video or reading an article that will link to another and soon your off in many directions. So when this happens why not share the adventure. So post your trail adventures here.

Because I live off the beaten path and am fascinated with DYI:

Then this looked fun:

And because of prior .mil:

New combat uniform:

GOG, Gator 45/70, duane and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have found small tracked rigs to be VERY nice to have around, being a lot more capable then the typical quad or side by side or even Jeep, and they don't chew up the ground nearly as bad or lasting! Depending on the track design and tread pattern, They can be VERY capable of getting through conditions no other machine can! I have a little Thykol Super Imp with custom made off road tracks, and it's one of the most versatile rigs I have ever seen or used, or owned, so much so that it has pretty much replaced several other rigs, and has become our main go to ranch rig for year round use!

ditch witch, GOG, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

The kid that did that tracked vehicle also made a shield of invisibility. I was watching it when I saw his tracked vehicle. This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while and definitely in the realm of backyard DIY.

Gator 45/70, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

When I get into the rabbit hole on defense, it tends to be drones, night vision, remote tv camera's, and a lot of force multipliers that are possible on the individual defense nature. Love the high tech, but a good back door and 20 min warning is a lot more useful.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    ditch witch, GOG, Dont and 1 other person like this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

"Gimme three steps, mister, three steps toward the door --"

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

building with wood

tall ship mast

ditch witch and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

DKR, made a mast and boom that way 25 years ago, as good as I ever had and feels so much better than metal, and God forbid, ever tangle with a power line, you at least have a chance. Also easy to run line up hollow for sail, doesn't ever get tangled or wrap around mast. Don't know about today, then I used a 2 part glue and the mast rotted away before the glue gave out. Love sailboats, gave up on them, don't have strength anymore to handle them. Still love to look at wooden boats and admire the craftsmanship. One of few things, hand made knives, wooden boats, hand crafted smoke poles, that are probably better made than the originals and still work and look like the originals.

Ura-Ki likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7