Walmart Busted for HIGH Pharmacy Prices $$$$$

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Oct 5, 2019.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Recently Walmart failed to bid on a 90 day med supply type of script.

This drove many folks to HEB Pharmacy and the discovery that the Meds at HEB were less expensive by up to100%. This means that HEB was willing to accept the $$ that a insurance company would cover.

Along with that was the fact that at Walmart a Diabetes Testing device commonly called a Clixet was now>> DRUMROLL> $17. opposed to the Walmart $99.00. This was an OTC item and greed won out!!!

Later today I will list the item so anyone can check for them selves.

Zimmy, Gator 45/70, techsar and 2 others like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think that what you have described is a 'free market' phenomenon called 'price gouging'. In certain specific circumstances, price gouging is illegal, in general, market competition will tend to produce price offers that will undercut the gougers, and lower the general market price...unless of course anti competitive businesses join in a cartel, to keep the market price artificially high.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. HK_User

This just keeps getting better.

January 16, 2019
    Walmart drops CVS pharmacy coverage in price dispute
    Walmart reported Tuesday that it will no longer honor prescription drug coverage from CVS Health, leaving large numbers of Walmart customers searching for a new pharmacist. The move affects Walmart customers with CVS Caremark pharmacy coverage through employer-sponsored insurance and state Medicaid managed-care plans.

Walmart reported Tuesday that it will no longer honor prescription drug coverage from CVS Health, leaving large numbers of Walmart customers searching for a new pharmacist. The move affects Walmart customers with CVS Caremark pharmacy coverage through employer-sponsored insurance and state Medicaid managed-care plans. It does not affect Medicare beneficiaries. It also does not affect pharmacies at Sam's Club stores. CVS recently refused Walmart's demand for larger reimbursements for the prescription drugs it dispenses. Rival pharmacies, especially small independent pharmacies that are getting squeezed, suspect that CVS Caremark plays favorites with affiliated CVS pharmacies. Walmart on Tuesday essentially accused CVS Health of using its clout to bully customers. "This issue underscores the problems that can arise when a PBM can exert their unregulated power to direct members on where to fill their scripts, disrupting patients’ health care," Walmart said in a statement. "Walmart is standing up to CVS’s behaviors that are putting pressure on pharmacies and disrupting patient care." CVS said Walmart’s demand for bigger reimbursements would result in increased costs. "At a time when everyone is working hard to find ways to reduce health care costs, Walmart’s requested rates would ultimately result in higher costs for our clients and consumers," CVS said in a statement. "The decision to leave the CVS Caremark commercial and Managed Medicaid community pharmacy networks was Walmart's, and Walmart’s alone."

Washington Post (01/15/19) Rowland, Christopher

Walmart drops CVS pharmacy coverage in price dispute

Now we hear a different tune from Walmart and CVS group!

Seems like a little known secret (to us folks needing meds as scripts) is some double dealing scheme of Drug Payees and Drug sellers.
    Of coarse I guess most of heard of the double dealing and price fixing of US Drugs, now we see a major break down and a paper trail that started last January 2019 which was the time line when I changed provider from Walmart to HEB.

And today I found that Walmart now matches the price with the Accu Check sold in HEB.

Bunch of Crooks>

Zimmy, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. HK_User

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Now isn't it strange that this isn't getting the same amount of media coverage as some firearm story...? :)

@HK_User "...that the Meds at HEB were less expensive by up to 100%."
    Now don't get me started on medicine costs in this corrupt country! I recently was shown more fine print in Medicare concerning the infamous 'Doughnut Hole' or officially called the 'Coverage Gap.' This ended up costing me a ~$220 for the next 3 months for meds...forcing me to write another letter to my Congress Critter asking why we can give $3 Billion a year to Israel but not $220 a year to fully cover my meds? I am sure he will answer me real soon because I am so important to him/her and he would rather have my vote than the thousands of dollars the Israeli lobbyists put in his/her pocket...right?

It also cost me a full day of running around because I tried to order some medications from one of the Canadian Pharmacies, which was a real goat rope, but I knew it would be because I have done it once before, but this time I could NOT use an International Money Order so...so I couldn't order from them because I will not give a personal or certified check buying something out of the country cause it has my account number and the only credit card they accepted was American Express so - no go.

But, be advised, International Money Orders no longer exist between the USA and Canada and vise versa - period. The is not a temporary policy but permanent. They stopped 30 August. I am not sure why but had to go to 3 Post Offices then call the Regional Office before someone finally told me this... It's still not well known, in fact, the Online Pharmacy didn't believe me until I sent them a link pointing it out in black and white then told them to contact the Canadian Post. Pity really because they had their uses by limited one's risk/exposure... It does make one ask, "Why?" Was it due to these online Pharmacies? I doubt it but I would not put it past these money-grubbing SOBs.

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  6. HK_User

You'll Love this.

Agent Orange/Blue Water Sailor Bill has been put on hold while we provide full health care for Illegal Aliens and their families.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

AIEEEEEEEEEE! You have GOT to be shitting me! That is it for me! That's it! There is no saving the United States government - period. I better never be asked to support them in ANY manner, not a tear if they're nuked, not a glass of water if they are set aflame...they no longer represent the United States nor me and all should be made to stand trial for treason.

Honestly, I am no longer going to be a good, upstanding citizen and do exactly what the people under Communist rule did - try to be as big a burden on the system as possible to make it collapse under it's own weight. WE ARE GOING ABOUT THIS COMPLETELY WRONG! We NEED to vote DEMOCRAT. I'm serious! The United States Government is beyond saving. You cannot changed a damn thing about this government because it is completely and totally rotten. Hell, there isn't one thing worth even TRYING to save! But, we cannot rid ourselves of it because it's like a dose of parasites clinging to us, and they make ALL the laws and run ALL the courts so they holds ALL the power - not us, not the people. They will never give up, leave, or change...so give them want they want and accelerate the collapse - why even try to save it and save it for who? Them? So, they can put our children in slavery or have them killed in another meaningless war to line their pockets. The damn country is lost anyway as is the government.

I am now going to research how to sign up for Food Stamps. I say, "Vote Democrat and Support the Collapse!" Then, sit back and watch the House of Cards fall...that is the ONLY way to get rid of these parasites.

8. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Another reason to avoid Wal mart!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. HK_User

Just so you know what is going on then this is the Military.Com report.
    The Department of Veterans Affairs said this week it will begin processing "Blue Water Navy" veterans' claims for Agent Orange-related diseases on Jan. 1. But advocates say the six-month delay will harm sick veterans who already have waited years for benefits.

VA officials said Monday they are "preparing to process" Agent Orange exposure claims for veterans who served offshore during the Vietnam War from Jan. 9, 1962, to May 7, 1975, and those who served in the Korean demilitarized zone between Sept. 1, 1967, and Aug. 31, 1971. The Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act that passed last month and goes into effect Jan. 1, 2020, gives the VA until that date to start deciding claims.

But a veterans' legal organization has written VA Secretary Robert Wilkie protesting the stay and asking him to reconsider.

The group, Military-Veterans Advocacy, had been urging some veterans -- those who served on ships stationed farther out to sea than the 12 nautical miles stipulated in the bill -- to file claims before Jan. 1 so they may receive consideration under a more liberal judicial ruling on a Blue Water Navy case handed down earlier this year.

EDIT As a side note. My claim went in in 2013 and was denied. I have sever heart disease and had open heart surgery to prove it with the Zipper Scar, as well I have ischemic heart disease so I could die at any time with a heart attack and did in fact have a MI in 2015 with 2 procedures to save my life. Just lucky for me that I had a history at a local Hospital and was wheeled into the Cath Lab when I arrived on a bright Saturday Morning.

Yes I take all this personal!

Bandit99, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

the agent orange heart attack seems to be rather specific in how it is caused and happens...

I had a heart attack... very nearly ended me... and had to send in the information of what the Dr's. found and did...

within a week of sending in the info got awarded...

BUT I was in country... thing is many others were exposed... elsewhere... hope things come together for you...

OH BTW have other agent orange related issues...

HK_User likes this.
  11. HK_User

Yup comes with the exposure. No Diabetes in my blood line, except for me. Then there is the dead nerves on all four of my limbs.

The Sub I was on is not listed as being inside any brown water lines of imagination of some Admiral , of course the deck log is still listed as Top Secret. But that is OK no reason to list the facts and locations since that could endanger current and future Sub Sailors.

BTW, they did present the crew the Vietnam Medal and 3 stars. I got mine a bit late in 1992 and had to request it via a DD215.

We are now in the VN awards list, some are listed in the older AE as are all other Boats that went west from 1955 till 1962, into where ever they needed close in silent support and intel.

SS Silent Service

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Bandit99 likes this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

just use goodrx.com it gives you the best prices in your area

https://www.goodrx.com/

you have to manage everything these days

pharmacies are like car dealerships and gas stations, shop around

oldawg and 3cyl like this.
  13. HK_User

I don't think you will have to drop your standards and your drawers that far!
    California is admitting that the Gold Standard of Left wing ism has failed to keep its infrastructure in place by "Shutting Down Power"because they built to minimum design standards.

In this they did not build to prevent the High Voltage Power lines from either failing and falling nor did the build to prevent the wind from blowing the lines into each other and shorting across and having major fires. Then the failed to clear cut the right of ways to prevent grounding or shorting the lines.

A clear case of a failed system is to shut down power!!

You can bet the left wingers will be expecting the US to bail out their mistakes.

Maybe the felons, weeders/pot heads and their growers and the aliens who are illegal will volunteer to rebuild the system?

FAt Chance on any of that.

Bandit99 likes this.
  14. HK_User

The problem is that the item listed is not a script.

As well it should be for many with elders or kids are more safely served by having the drum type lancet.

Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7