Vitamin D level significant in Covid Survival, study shows...

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by BTPost, Feb 4, 2022.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The study I saw showed that if you were over 60 and were in the "bottom 10% of vitamin D levels" you were going to die.

DKR, VisuTrac, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  3. BTPost

Yup… Exactly…

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

All vitamins are gonna help, no doubt, don't forget your metals, Zink, Iron, Ect. You really need to boost your intake to firm up your blood flow and it's strengths! We have also been taking high alkalinity additives, lemon and other high asidic fruits will further help!

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I remember seeing a news story that said tests found that something like 95% IIRC of the first wave of Covid deaths were Vitamin D defecient. Which a large percentage of people are.

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I've been taking Vitamin D and zinc supplements for years. Haven't "gotten down with the sickness" yet.

7. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

My doctor strongly recommended it about a year and a half ago.
    (Like you, haven't gotten sick yet).
    He takes no position up or down on any Covid vaccine and does not administer them from his office.

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, but how much vitamin D is enough? Hell, I have been taking calcium with vitamin D for years but now I'm told that I need thousands of units per day of it. So how much is needed and why in the hell didn't these damn medical doctors that we treat like friggen Gods in this damn country tell us this earlier?

jim2, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  9. BTPost

Because they ALL read the same medical update sites, and it took those sites 1.5 years to figure out that Vit D was a major factor…

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Anyone paying attention here should have seen that vitamin D was an important factor and masks were bullshit some time around summer of 2020.

11. Bandit99

Well, looking at all the vitamins I take and totaling, I am taking about 3300 IU and assume that is enough.

VisuTrac likes this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Annual physical 2019. Vit D levels below range, dr said more sunshine time outside or take 1 maybe 2 (1000 IUs) per day.
    2020 1 per day in low middle of range
    2021 2 per day in top quartile of range.
    It appears that my AO between 42.5 and 47.5 Latitude North one doesn't get enough from the sun. Might have to do with needing to wear a coat in the winter.

So two per day it is. Sometimes more if i know i'm going to be heading into sicksville (the big city) where lots of people are.

13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

We get maybe a week of sufficient sunshine here. The UV level right now it 2 at 11:24AM. I take 2000IU daily combined with that in my multi, another 500IU. In Winter, here that is October to May, I will take emergen-c and additional 200IU D3 with my usual other supplements of B Complex. Rarely sick from colds or flu.

You have to be careful as vitamin D is fat soluble and therefore stored in the body.

VisuTrac likes this.
  14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Live in AK. No sunshine, take 5K IU per day.

15. Bandit99

@Dunerunner "You have to be careful as vitamin D is fat soluble and therefore stored in the body."

What does this mean? One can take too much? Does one burn it like fat? What?

Dunerunner likes this.
  16. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Rockfish Dave likes this.
  17. Bandit99

Thanks @Dunerunner !!

The bottom line from this article is:

"Adults/pregnant women/breast-feeding women: Between 600–800 IU per day. Up to 5,000 units/day can be safely taken."

"Research suggests there is little risk associated with taking around 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily, but some people may do best with a higher or lower amount depending on their health status. However, some health authorities recommend taking no more than 4,000 IU daily for an extended period of time, even though research indicates that 10,000 IU per day typically causes no adverse reactions. This makes it a little tricky to find the best answer on how much vitamin D should I take with such a large range."

mysterymet likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7