Vitamin B12> The 3rd part of a immune defense builder.

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by HK_User, Dec 10, 2021.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The final part of a triad of defense supplements to help combat CCP virus insults.

HK>Note: Yes I take a max amount but that has to do with the actions in the body and personal needs and Doc's suggestions. 1,000 mcg

This is a reader-friendly overview of Vitamin B12. For more details, see our health professional fact sheet on Vitamin B12.

What is vitamin B12 and what does it do?
    Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that helps keep your body’s blood and nerve cells healthy and helps make DNA, the genetic material in all of your cells. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent megaloblastic anemia, a blood condition that makes people tired and weak.

How much vitamin B12 do I need?
    The amount of vitamin B12 you need each day depends on your age. Average daily recommended amounts for different ages are listed below in micrograms (mcg):

Life Stage
    Recommended Amount
    Birth to 6 months 0.4 mcg
    Infants 7–12 months 0.5 mcg
    Children 1–3 years 0.9 mcg
    Children 4–8 years 1.2 mcg
    Children 9–13 years 1.8 mcg
    Teens 14–18 years 2.4 mcg
    Adults 2.4 mcg
    Pregnant teens and women 2.6 mcg
    Breastfeeding teens and women 2.8 mcg

What foods provide vitamin B12?
    Vitamin B12 is found naturally in a wide variety of animal foods, and manufacturers add it to some fortified foods. Plant foods have no vitamin B12 unless they are fortified. You can get recommended amounts of vitamin B12 by eating a variety of foods including the following:

• Fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and other dairy products contain vitamin B12.
    • Clams and beef liver are some of the best source of vitamin B12.
    • Some breakfast cereals, nutritional yeasts, and other food products are fortified with vitamin B12.
    To find out if a food has added vitamin B12, check the Nutrition Facts label[​IMG]. Manufacturers are not required to list vitamin B12 on the label if a food naturally contains this vitamin.

What kinds of vitamin B12 dietary supplements are available?
    Vitamin B12 is available in multivitamin/multimineral supplements, in B-complex supplements, and in supplements containing only vitamin B12. It is usually in a form called cyanocobalamin. Other common forms are adenosylcobalamin, methylcobalamin, and hydroxycobalamin. Vitamin B12 is also available in a form that’s dissolved under your tongue (called sublingual vitamin B12). Research has not shown that any form of supplemental vitamin B12 is better than the others.

The amount of vitamin B12 in supplements varies widely. Some provide doses of vitamin B12 that are much higher than recommended amounts, such as 500 mcg or 1,000 mcg, but your body absorbs only a small percentage of it. These doses are considered safe. Check the Supplement Facts label to see how much vitamin B12 a supplement contains.

A prescription form of vitamin B12 can be given as a shot. This is usually used to treat vitamin B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 is also available by prescription as a nasal gel that’s sprayed into the nose.

Am I getting enough vitamin B12?
    Most people in the United States get enough vitamin B12 from the foods they eat. But some people have trouble absorbing vitamin B12 from food. The body absorbs vitamin B12 from food in a two-step process. First, hydrochloric acid in the stomach separates vitamin B12 from the protein that it’s attached to. Second, the freed vitamin B12 then combines with a protein made by the stomach, called intrinsic factor, and the body absorbs them together.

Vitamin B12 in dietary supplements isn’t attached to protein and doesn’t require the first step. However, B12 in supplements does need to combine with intrinsic factor to be absorbed.

People with pernicious anemia, an autoimmune disease, can’t make intrinsic factor. As a result, they have trouble absorbing vitamin B12 from foods and dietary supplements.

Dunerunner, Dont, DKR and 1 other person like this.
  2. HK_User

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I get my B vitamins by mixing Mio Vitamin water enhancer into my water.
    Tastes great.

mysterymet and HK_User like this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

elderberry is good... well... some claim that is so...

5. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Thanks for your information especially your details information.

I will also intake the mentioned food items in your post ""
    • Fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and other dairy products contain vitamin B12.
    • Clams and beef liver are some of the best source of vitamin B12.
    • Some breakfast cereals, nutritional yeasts, and other food products are fortified with vitamin B12
    ""

Surely I add these items in my reguarly food diet.

HK_User likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just a note here, on Fortified Cereals: 50 years ago, when I was in College, I lived on Fry Bread, Peanut Butter, CokaCola, and KaBoom Cereal from General Mills... Each Bowl of KaBoom Cereal had 100% of the Daily Vitamin & Mineral Requirements for an Adult...
    As a student in Organic Chemistry, I had many 24 hour, and 36 hour, long Lab sessions where I had to watch, record, and document complex Organic Synthesis operations, and the above sustained me during those periods... It is amazing what one can do if one has to, if one does the research to know what is possible... Protein if the form of Peanut Butter, Carbs from the Fry Bread, and Cereal, Sugars from the Coke and Cereal, and the Vitamins and Minerals from the Cereal... Oh yea, I for got the daily Banana... which made me a Monkey...

HK_User likes this.
  7. HK_User

Just out of the Navy and starting a new way of life I used 1/2 baked cracked soybeans, breakfast cereals, raisins, peanut butter, carbs from white sugar, and milk for energy during each morning meal.

Worked well and saved a lot of money.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7