USA Military Strength

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by duane, Feb 27, 2021.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

Our survival as a nation requires that we be able to defend our physical country as far as from internal forces that would change it into a form different from that of the past. The Heritage.org has done a very masterful job of assessing the current state of our countries military forces. A quick summary, about a 5 min read, outlines the present situation.

Conclusion: U.S. Military Power

They then go into much more detail on each of the branches of the armed forces. About an hour each or so. Very good in depth analysis of what is happening. They make no real effort to explain what went wrong, just the numbers and what we were aiming at in the past.

What this report is about. An Assessment of US Military Power
    Introduction: An Assessment of U.S. Military Power

US Air Force
    U.S. Air Force

US Army
    U.S. Army

US Navy
    U.S. Navy

US Marine Corps
    U.S. Marine Corps

US Space Force
    U.S. Space Force

US Nuclear Weapons Capability
    U.S. Nuclear Weapons Capability

Ballistic Missile Defense
    Ballistic Missile Defense

And their conclusion as to where it is going. A five min read.
    Conclusion: U.S. Military Power

While this is a long read and does not attempt to lay blame for the inability to develop new weapons that both work and meet cost standards and instead just build more of slightly modified 20 to 50 year old designs, nor for the destruction of the military in fighting an endless series of wars with no real outcomes, nor the lack of funding by some administrations and the mass replacement of highly qualified military officers with ones more interested in politics or post military careers than in delivering modern weapons.
    Given the Covid crisis and the shift in national goals from long term stability and growth, to short term consolidation of power, some form of socialized income scheme for the poor and massive transfers of income, It is at least interesting to see what is being thrown out with the bath water and being ignored by the MSM. A combination of the collapse of the dollar, the economy, inflation, or social unrest may make the whole analysis moot.

Have no idea if anyone will read it, perhaps no one else cares, but I have not seen a better report on the present status of the military nor one with less agenda in several years. If one person reads it and thinks about it, the time taken to list this source will be well worth the effort.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  2. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

Excellent find, thanks

Ura-Ki, Gafarmboy and duane like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's all offset by the damage done by the Obama and soon the Biden administrations. The Democrats seem hell bent on making us vulnerable and ever since Clinton the tactic seems to be cut funding, RIF troops, and weaken us from a fighting stance.

Republicans then build the military back up until the Democrat wrecking ball comes back to town.

Obama followed suit but found a much more lasting way to provide serious damage. Obama went straight for the heart as he began to purge our best military leadership and then replaced with purely political yest men. You can expect Biden to continue this policy of replacing Officers that uphold the US Constitution over the will of a Tyrant Dictator with those who will not take the hard stand.

duane likes this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Purge the military that is the MO of every dictatorship Stalin and Hitler did it. Disarm the people --purge the military and your dictatorship is secure. Add too that the remaining military has been socially engineered to be a paper tiger status. Flood the country with illegals who have little or no concept of freedom. Control the media you control the message. Sounds too familiar --the current state of this here not so United States.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Missed a few,Like a bunch of ABC Agency's Obozo weaponized

6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

As Lois Lerner will tell you many were weaponized and didn't even need guns.

duane, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Hey now...with all of those militant plants standing in rank and file it is only prudent to arm Dept of Agriculture agents...especially those in corn country.
    Corn has been known to unexpectedly pop...

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

You know a few years back when I pointed out that USDA, FSA, and NCRS agents were starting to show up armed. People said I was full of crap and making it up. I guess on farm agro terrorism has just spun totally out of control LOL.

OldDude49, Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You never know. The corn have ears and have probably been listening to Fox now that Rush is gone. The potatoes have eyes and reportedly watch Tucker Carlson and Praeger U on YouTube. God only knows what the Q-cumbers are up to, so yeah, they need protection.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

You wouldn't know they were cutting back by the massive spending on the U.S.C.G, Navy, and Marines! Given the new tri service alignments between the three with a much bigger stake for the Coasties, I see things don't line up here with the reports! The Air Force is investing heavy into next gen tech. While backing up with existing airframes that can shoulder the work NOW, and keep us at the top of the pile! The Army is doing well, at least as well as it can!

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  11. duane

duane Monkey+++

Yep, problem is getting some thing that actually works and keep the price low enough to actually build the units. The USAF refueling aircraft is a perfect example. It is based on the Boeing 767 which was developed in the 1970's and first flew in 1981. At the moment the KC46 can not refuel fighter aircraft. There are problems with the camera and there is no window that would allow the operator to see the boom.
    “Fill ‘Er Up!” Why It’s Taken the Pentagon Nearly Two Decades to Buy a New Aerial Tanker

Same could be said for failed Navy programs to replace destroyers or Marine efforts to get a new AAV vehicle to replace the 1972 models they are now using or the Army and its artillery and tanks. The money is spent, the new "improved" do everything replacement is either to specialized to fill all the needs, to expensive to operate, or just plain doesn't work

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Lag time. The military is at the tail end of Trump and a R controlled Senate rebuilding cycle. This will continue until the end of the FY. Resources that can be applied domestically to maintain control. however, will be bolstered. It's just the capabilities and manpower that could threaten China, Russia, and Iran that will be cut back.

The Democrat controlled budget cuts will start at the beginning of the next. I expect Obama Purge Part Deux: Electric Clusterfaux to start pretty soon.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Very interesting, Duane. Thank you. I guess I am not finding anything that I didn't expect to find. It will be interesting to see this same report generated after 4-years of Biden. I think they are going to hammer the military. It would be nice if we could stay out of some foreign war for a few decades, of course that won't happen but... I did find it interesting that the Air Force is revamping the B-52's with new engines and electronics because they can't find a cost effective replacement.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The buff will last forever I loaded nucs on them back in 69

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7