US Kaspersky customers report replacement antivirus forcibly installed

Discussion in 'Technical' started by stg58, Sep 26, 2024.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

First, Kaspersky has never and would never have been on any of my boxes the reason comrade putin would have access.
    As usual, the USA gov. Was very slow to ban Kaspersky.
    If you have it, you may want to reformat and reinstall your OS because a simple uninstall may not get rid of the spy-ware.
    An option short of a reformat is an uninstaller.
    I have used Revo uninstaller, which seems to go deeper than the windows uninstall.
    Uninstall Software, Remove programs easily - Revo Uninstaller Pro

MSN
    Kaspersky customers in the US have found their antivirus software has been replaced without warning with a new solution called UltraAV.

The US government recently passed a law banning the sale of Kaspersky security software and the subsequent updates for installed software, resulting in the company’s exit from the US market.

Customers reported on social media that the update was pushed without the ability to accept or decline UltraAV, despite notification emails supposedly being sent at least a few weeks prior to the update.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2024
    Gator 45/70, Brokor and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

So,.........................How does one know if they have any of this on their 'puter?

3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I used Kaspersky back in the late 90s, but haven't since. The machines it was on are long gone.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Speed up, optimize and clean your PC for free | CCleaner for PC
    One of the few programs I use the paid version and will continue to do so provided it keeps working.
    pfSense® - World's Most Trusted Open Source Firewall
    A true firewall is a must. The hardware and software are second to none and worth the investment. A little time spent watching videos on setting it up isn't a bother at all. You get to have all the power with none of the problems associated with networking and privacy. A Netgate 1100 will cover most needs: Netgate 1100 pfSense+ Security Gateway and it doesn't cost a lot to get started.

6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I use the CC cleaner. A guy I considered smart said to. Plus, its on all the power generation company computers I ever logged into.

For a programmer, I am stunningly ignorant of most things.....computer. I know a lot more about hammers.

Brokor likes this.
  1. Brokor
  2. Dunerunner
  3. TXKajun
  4. Grandpa Patch
  5. Motomom34
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Papa_asf130
  11. DarkLight