Ubuntu -- Just a non technical observation

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by SeptemberMage, Feb 15, 2008.

1. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

I am still playing with Ubuntu. In a few weeks I'm going to test out Mint, at Melbo's suggestion.
    Let me tell you this much, The programs that are available at NO COST will blow your mind. Just amazing what a community of believers (in open source software) can put together and make available.
    It's amazing to see especially when you're used to the fear and cut-throat mentality of what you have to buy, or download with fingers crossed on your Microsoft machine; The package manager will make you teary eyed. sniff, sniff.

2. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

I haven't tried Mint yet, I'm running Ubuntu on my laptop. I love it, there isn't anything I can't do on it, Once you get all the little things working, with a bit of research it's no big deal. I just got connected to my work VPN which is a big help, working in a total window environment sucks but at least I have my linux box running for my stuff. About the only thing I can't run is AutoCAD but I can suffer through. Good luck with Linux, I think you will be very happy with it, hell just not having to deal with virus or spyware is enough for me

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7