top 10 survival vehicles

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by mage2, Feb 26, 2008.

1. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

2. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Id go for the Unimog, Slightly less modified with electronics and moer towards efficiency and long distance running. Oh yeah. Armour plating for small arms fire as well as firing ports.
    Maybe thats just me.
    CBMS
    Out

3. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I was a litle nearer the river or a coast I would like the ideas along the lines Seacowboys had mentioned some time ago. To have either or both, a small/mid sized crew boat with the full stocks laid in but then would convert the bunk room to fewer beds and more storage and larger quarters for a small crew. Can easily carry food water and fuel to stay out for extended times and zombies dont swimm so well.

Then a jack rig would work well especialy for a lightly larger group. Basicly a floating building thats often several stories tall and the size of a football field and has legs that when you get where you want to be extend and raise it up so it stands above the water. They look like they would be about the most defendable position you could imagine with small town that can be floated off to new locations as you chose.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

I've always liked the Unimog.

5. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

well since i live on an island I was thinking something like an old WWII landing craft. It would be scaled down and only used to cross over to the mainland (I live in Victoria BC, would head to Mainland of Canada). I was thinking something big enough for 2 trucks and a trailer with the goodies I will hopefully get...(Man if I only had an extra...50k sitting around)

6. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

[​IMG]
    My scout car. It tops out at 60mph off road. From 500 yards away you can not hear it.

7. Canadian-guerilla

Canadian-guerilla Monkey+++

these seem like modern vehicles with modern electronics

are they EMP proof ?

i'll take a pre-75 jeep anyday

8. Abby Normal

Abby Normal Monkey++

I'd go for the Volvo C303, and as far as "why" I just LOVE Red Trucks!

taser1

9. TNZ71

TNZ71 PEACE THRU FIREPOWER

ARE WE LIMITED TO THE LIST!

PERSONALLY I'M OUTFITTING AN OLD SUBURBAN ,LOTS OF ROOM FOR FAMILY AND STUFF, ALTHOUGH 15MPG IS NOT OPTIMUM.

IF I WAS SINGLE AND DIDN'T STOCKPILE SO MUCH, I'D WISH I STILL HAD MY 83 SUBARU AWD WAGON 33MPG

10. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

The seats in the "Bufalo" are too comfortable, staying awake seven hours into a route clearence mission can become quite a challenge. We had quite a few VIP types actually fall asleep, only to be awakened by a IED det. They had no trouble staying awake afterwards.

11. RobertRogers

RobertRogers Monkey+++

The best survival vehicle, hands down, is the human body. Talk about all terrain!

12. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

how about a m35a2 converted into an expedition vehicle with a 1 ton trailer to carry other items...

13. New Jersey Man

New Jersey Man Monkey++

I was thinking of getting a Miata. Okay, stop laughing.

No one can catch me if being chased. Bulletproof reliability. Great MPG.

Bad points of course are small cargo space, no muscle if needed and no off road capability.

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep, may not be such a bad idea at that. When the roads are jammed/blocked, you can run up the sidewalks.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7