To all the authors that post Original Work

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Tully Mars, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I have read a couple of the stories here, and am working on the rest. Which is NOT making me popular with the wife-seems I've been spending to much time reading and waking her up when I turn off the 'puter at 03:00 ;) I just finished an audio book by a popular author of survival fiction, and while it was OK, it was mainly a rehash of a previous book IMO. The stuff I'm reading here is REALLY good! Good enough to keep my @ss up til 3 am because I can't put it down good. I hit the "likes" on every page, or try to, but felt compelled to post this to all of you. GREAT STUFF and I hope to see more in the future. While I admire your talents, I am envious of them as well :) Thanks again to all of you for taking all the time to share with the rest of us your talents.

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I would have to agree. Problem I have is once I start a book, I will read it through, then I get behind on current events and posts. I have, in fact, been avoiding the reading room for a while, because you folks keep cranking them out so quickly. Each time I clear water from the last one, there is another calling to me.

VikingRaider and chelloveck like this.
  3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I am also a reading room addict!

Sapper John likes this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I'm recovering from a minor surgery so I've been able to read until I fall asleep, regardless of the hour. My favorite part of any original work is the END. Having a really great story that ends suddenly has been my only regret with online books that are in progress as I'm reading. I understand that life happens, and the author has probably just been distracted, but losing a wonderful story line in the middle is like losing a friend.

I have been reading everything I can get my hands on for decades, and having books-in-progress to read just makes me that much better of a cheer leader. The cheer here should be a take on the old "Go, Fight, Win" cheer.

"Go, Write, Publish!"

HD

VikingRaider and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I also want to say thank you to all the authors that share their work with us Monkeys. I truly appreciate it. The waiting for the next chapter is hard at times but always worth it.

44044, VikingRaider and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7