Gear Review Thermocharge 10

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Southbound, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Southbound

Southbound Monkey++

After looking at my last couple of reviews I realized that they are not very useful. So I will try to be better with this review.

The Thermocharge 10 Elements by Celestron hand-warmer/ device charger is the topic. Inside the box is the warmer/charger, a short 16 ½ charge USB charge cable, instructions and a 550 paracord lanyard with a carabineer attached. The front is flat and the back side is concave, they say it is for better heat transfer. Their site states the hand warmer is good for a full day of heat- up to 12 hours, at temperatures up to 114°F. I have not used it for that long so I cannot confirm that claim. I have used it for about 4 hours straight and it stayed warm.

It is 4 inches tall, 2 5/16 wide and 1 ¼ thick. On top there is a rubber cover with a power button and a screw attached to the 550 cord. Unscrew the cover and you will see 2 USB ports. 1 amp out and a 2 amp out. You will also see the power button and the in outlet for charging the unit. Inside my house at 68 degrees with a full charge I can start to feel heat at 45 seconds. By 2 minutes it gets nice and warm and reached max heat around the 4 minute mark. There are blue lights on the front that indicate charge level along with a red power light. It will charge 2 devices at the same time. I have seen the price of 40$ to 75$ online.

Charging- I ran my MP3 player down to the point of it turned itself off. Using the 1 amp charging port it took 30 to 45 min to fully charge the device. I was checking every 15 min so I can’t give an exact time. Above 30 F it works well just holding it in my hand. Below 30F I need to have it in my coat pocket for it to be of benefit. Anyway I hope this helps. I am not a writer, nor do I want to be, so if you have any questions let me know.

Bandit99 likes this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Nice write up! I would recommend a photo and a link of where to purchase would be beneficial.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7