The Reliant... plays for one night only?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Sep 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Bandit99, oldawg, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

KOOL!

Oddcaliber likes this.
  3. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

One night seems chintzy.......

Ura-Ki and chelloveck like this.
  4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Is it on DVD?

Bandit99 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Must see. Can't wait for the Midnight showings...

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I was wondering about that one-night thing. A sales gimmick?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I think not... many films like it get a limited showing due to hollywierd maneuvering to prevent folks from seeing them... so

getting them into theaters can be difficult...

it would seem such films just don't fit their agenda...???

mysterymet likes this.
  8. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

got my tickets

9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

My guess is that they don't think it will get much revenue from audiences brainwashed to think that only guns in the hands of authorities are good. I'm surprised they could even get funding for a pro 2A movie.

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

How low can Kevin Sorbo Go?

Well, I guess he reached the apogee of his acting range with "Hercules", so it's all the way down into cheesy christian cinema from there on in I guess...

I may be wrong, but judging from the film trailers / teasers, it appears like a seemingly gated community of commie white dudes, armed to the teeth with guns, American flags, and baseball bats...are causing mayhem with another seemingly gated community of white dudes, armed to the teeth with guns, samurai swords and shopping bags (obviously they left their survival prepping to the last minute..which doesn't seem to indicate that they have any cred as 'true' preppers(™). Is there no diversity in that Potemkin example of small town 'merika? Not even a hint of a pussy hat to be seen, and damnit...I can't believe that there were no MAGA hats to be seen at all...was this movie actually made in Canada, I'm wondering???

Yep, there's gunz, god, and Kevin Sorbo...What's not to like, for NRA card carrying, conservative fundie theists about that trifecta??? :rolleyes: The film was crowd founded apparently, vie Indiegogo, which seems strange. I would have thought that the NRA would have stumped up the money for the shooting, post production and marketing budgets...but then again, the NRA are in turmoil, and they are in deep financial trouble Financial documents show the NRA is living 'paycheck to paycheck,' and ended 2018 $10.8 million in the red....perhaps the NRA need a crowd funded Indiegogo campaign so that they can support 'fine' 2A cinema, like "The Reliant", for the god fearing, bible believing, gun toting masses in the USA? Just a thought.

Yes, there are cloyingly sentimental scenes of Sophie's (Mollee Gray) and Adam's (Josh Murray) biblically approved cis-gendered-hetero-normative wedding.

[​IMG]
    The Reliant on Twitter

I am sure that it will bring tears to the eyes of those wedded to the bible's notion that marriage is between one heterosexual cis-gender man and one heterosexual cis-gender woman only. Such loyalty, such devotion, and such faith: (never minding the alternative relationship arrangements that god was also OK with in the bible). I'm not sure whether those tears will instantly dry, when the lachrymose discover that Mollee Gray is actually same sex married to her girlfriend Jeka Jane. :eek:

[​IMG]
    Mollee Gray marries Jeka Jane in South Lake Tahoe | Daily Mail Online

Just keep that image in your head when watching the Sophie/Adam wedding scenes.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Here is a priceless movie review of 'The Reliant' movie:

Start in at 02minutes:55 seconds...you just don't need to know that the movie reviewer sometimes picks his nose, and that he has a barking dog called 'Barkley' of all things. :LOL:

Oh and by the way...pay no attention to the spoilers embedded in the review...sorry...I should have put that cautionary before the embedded Youtube clip featured above..

The only thing that disappoints me, is that I don't see Kirk Cameron, Ray Comfort, or Ken Ham in the cast list and acting credits...not even in cameo roles. That would have been cool.

The film is unlikely to be released in Oz, simply because we, here are mostly depraved, non religious, secular folk, and the distributors and cinema owners probably wouldn't make a farthing Farthing (British coin) - Wikipedia out of screening it. However, in the event that is screened in Australia, I would probably go see it for sh1ts and giggles; only that I would buy a ticket to an Australian film at the cinema screening at the same session time, and switch screening rooms, watching the Sorbo 2A propaganda flick without financially supporting the film. (I am one of those depraved, non religious secular folks after all [reddevil])

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  11. chelloveck

Yes, and the promo blurb mentions 'selected screenings, nation wide' which is entertainment industry code for limited distribution.

Apparently the DVD is available for pre-order, via the movie's Indiegogo's website....orders will be distributed to purchasers once the film is screened in cinemas....at a very affordable $51AUD for the DVD alone. (packaging and shipping may be extra). Additional perks, may be had with the DVD for up to $2191AUD, personally, just wait a while: The DVDs are sure to end up in Christian thrift shops for a buck or two.

:ROFLMAO:
    The film's initial release will be at 7PM...on the 24th October 2019.....unless TRump's trade war with China causes the $US to crash, and then, most cinema patrons will probably be out looting Quick-E-Marts Marts, instead of watching some cheesy 2A/Christian schlock movie.

Probably not a sales gimmick of the "limited one time offer" kind. It's a cheap film, as the acting and pretty awful production values seem to demonstrate. I think it more a case that the film is a dog, and that the distributors and cinema operators need to make a profit.

Interesting 2A / Christian persecution angle, but film distributors and cinema operators are not obliged to screen films against their own commercial interests. Until the USA becomes the Republic of Gilead, [​IMG]
    The Handmaid's Tale season 3 map of Gilead teases the upcoming resistance | Metro News
    and a totalitarian theocracy, the screening of films is, to a large extent discretionary, within the constraints of State and Federal laws.

I am doubtful that the movie will make much money from audiences brainwashed into believing that 2A is a god given right either. The film has been on ice for a number of years: Perhaps that is the resurrection narrative. The Reliant movie, is a bit like the British Reliant Robin motorcar....absurd, hilariously funny (Mr Bean) for all the wrong reasons, and not particularly stable, but beloved by those who have an emotional attachment to it, and who think that it is simply just best. :rolleyes: Reliant Robin - Wikipedia

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Oddcaliber likes this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Chello ,, you ought to come on over here to America for a visit , turn up a beer or 2 with a few of us , then head on over and hang out with your more likeable crowd of the Lgbptq alphabet crowd , antif'ers , and the pussy hat wearin' , Trump and American hateing crowd . Then you can head on back to Aussieland knowing you've done your part to try and disrupt the constitution , values , and lifestyle of the country that has spilled more blood for other people , tried to do more good for all people's of this world than any other country on the planet . Are we perfect ? No . We learn from our mistakes just like everyone else . We could meet up in one of our local pubs , commence to drinking and have a knee slappin' good time , or a good ol bar room brawl . Whichever you prefer . And then when your ready , we'll take ya back to the airport for your flight home , or you can hide out with some of our many illegal immigrants , or you can sit around and soak up some sun in one of our once beautiful cities like San Francisco , hang out with that crowd in a tent city on the local sidewalks , and shoot up some dope with a city supplied plastic syringe , and then shit in the street like the rest of'em . But if your a straw user , bring your own , because they are banned in that town , but the syringes aren't , maybe you could explain that one to me when you get here . And you can probably even collect a check and get a free ride to the voting booth to cast your illegal vote . Yes , come on over , we've got many sights and experiences for you to enjoy .

mysterymet, oldawg and 3M-TA3 like this.
  13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

When your highest authority is a man you will always be a subject of that man and there will be no rights - only privileges. Someone who is a subject at heart will never understand a right until the privileges they confuse with rights are stripped away.

SB21 and oldawg like this.
  14. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

I’m beginning to think hell ain’t half full.
    [flag]MAGA. [flag]

SB21 likes this.
  15. chelloveck

Oh, there's probably more than enough room for you and me there, om11, if hell in Christian mythology ain't just a fear mongering horrible destination to frighten the gullible..that would be a special kind of hell for us both ;)

Of all the mythological afterlives on offer, I think I would much prefer Valhalla: Eating, wenching, fighting and drinking of course: what's not to like about that, instead of an eternity of prayerful grovelling to the deity who purportedly created this mess in the first place? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  16. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

So, someone posts something about a movie and Chell takes this opportunity to insult all Americans who don’t follow his political or religious beliefs? WTF Chell. This is a movie thread in the general discussion folder not the inferno. You used to be mostly fun and occasionally offensive but it seems lately you have been full of hate and spite for Americans because you don’t like our leader. Maybe you should make your own Chell’s rant thread over in the inferno where you can post all your stuff. My offer still stands. Come on over and see the USA in flyover country.

Zimmy, Alf60, Merkun and 2 others like this.
  17. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

No,No please leave Chell were he’s at,he would not last long here. Not saying Australia would be a better place.
    [flag][flag]

Zimmy likes this.
  18. chelloveck

That sounds a lot like a "hold my beer" challenge, oldman...or is it a 'brer rabbit' challenge??? ;)

oldawg likes this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

This thread has gone entirely too far afield and is locked. Should anyone want to discuss the movie further, please start a new thread.

Zimmy, Alf60, BTPost and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7