The Mullets thing Madi Gras Parade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I can't remember what it was actually called but it was something about mullets, a bait fish that crowds Mobile Bay. My band, Robbin' Crooks', played it for a couple of years but last year, it was cancelled by the Election Infection. The last time we played it, we were on a float trailer with our banners and sound equipment, riding along singing and playing while throwing candy and beads at the parade listeners. It was so much fun. The last one we played, we got stuck in the mud and the parade left without us. It was a crappy staging area and had been raining for a few days. The biggest let down was that the Mayor of Cedar Creek and his entourage were cooking fish and oysters along the parade route and the mayor himself, was waiting alongside the highway for us to come parading by and give us a plate of fish and oysters and a cold beer. When the parade passed and we were not in it, Mayor Rodney went back to the Parade Party and we came steaking by at about 45 mph, dodging children and drunks trying to pick up candy and beads, while hanging on for dear life and trying to play guitar, sing in harmony and hurl candy and beads at unsuspecting onlookers, often knocking them from their folding chairs with a Snickers hurled in haste from an erratically maneuvering vehicle traveling at 50 Miles per hour trailing banners while singing a song by the Eagles from a bouncing trailer.. We caught up with the parade at the very end of the 11 mile parade and got paid for the gig.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    oldawg, GOG, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

mysterymet, Motomom34, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hell, Those boys and girls down in that area have mullet tossing contest's Bet a dollar to a donut Seacowboy has tossed a few !

chelloveck, Oddcaliber and TinyDreams like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The Krewe of Mullet Mates Parade is what it was called.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  5. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Nothing like a good band story.

Gator 45/70 and Seacowboys like this.
  6. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I need to expand on my thoughts a bit.

in a nutshell: A banner trailing, bead flinging, speeding, careening parade float playing Eagles tunes arrives just in time to get paid. Now that's a story that covers a lot of territory and conjures up quite a visual.
    It might even be in the realm of Hunter S. Thompson. :cool:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7