the fix is in? sure seems like it...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Jan 9, 2021.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

several sources are doing this... think google already banned it... if ya can't get a copy ya can't use it?

thing I find interesting... BLM and antifa go around burning and looting... and it's just protest...

AND there are claims that antifa and blm type infiltrated the DC protest and acted as they usually do...

here are just 2 instances of what I call the FIX... you can probably find more...

like twitter banning several right leaning people for life...

looks like the left is NOT slowing down... appears they're even accelerating things...

damn the bill of rights full speed ahead???

Apple Prepares To Ban Parler From Devices As Big Tech Purge Continues

Wow! Simon and Schuster Cancels Josh Hawley Book Contract After Violence Breaks Out on Capitol Hill as if It’s His Fault

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

You might well call it the CCP Fix for life.

SB21 likes this.
  3. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

Your free to say whatever you like, as long as we approve. I point out this Chinese style of social media. Most don't get it. We are surrounded by sheeple.

4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Many folks have been banned from this board this board which is privately owned by Melbo and he has given the power to moderators to ban people when the COC is violated.
    For years when letters to the editor at newspapers were an opinion outlet some were banned or limited on being published.
    Facebook and Twitter are private companies with codes of conduct and they have the right to ban or limit posts.
    I never have had a facebook or twitter account and never will they were created for idiots.

If con man does not like his being banned from Twitter tough $hit don.

kellory
    An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool., Male

Banned

https://www.survivalmonkey.com/members/kellory.1255/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    VisuTrac and chelloveck like this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

It isn't about being a privately owned company it's about abusing their Section 230 protections that they are ONLY supposed to have if they're platforms, not publishers.

A platform allows any and all, without restriction. As such it is immune from lawsuits because the opinions presented are understood to not be it's own.

A publisher dictates what may or may not be printed. As such it is not immune from lawsuits because the opinions presented, while not being exclusively it's own, are approved by it.

Twitter and Facebook are protected as platforms under Section 230. They abuse that privilege, and I get that you hate Trump with the heat of a thousand suns and find joy in his being kicked off, but it is not "tough shit". It is a violation of the law they hide behind. If they're going to dictate what can be published with them then they are publishers and need to lose their government provided protections.

OldDude49, STANGF150, Lancer and 6 others like this.
  6. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

If I had the skills and didn't mind dying a thousand deaths I'd just take over ICAAN and change the DNS A records for all the LSM & Social(ist) Media to 127.0.0.0.
    But alas...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Tempstar, SB21 and VisuTrac like this.
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

8. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

This does not surprise me one bit. Just remember according to the leftist media it's all Trump's fault(sarcasm)

9. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7