"The Fallen....But Not Forgotten."

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, May 28, 2012.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UmCbiibZvX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"The Fallen....But Not Forgotten."

RIP .

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Thank you for this...all too many folks think this is BBQ day or Veteran's day, rather than a day to remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us and their country. Never forget the courage, the love, the humility of those that have passed before us in the ongoing quest for peace and righteousness.

Sapper John and Cephus like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Folks:

I categorically refuse to wish anyone a "Happy" Memorial Day. Happiness is NOT what it's all about, it's about remembering and revering those that have gone to secure for us what the Nation stands for. It's not for thanking those that made it home from their service, they deserve at least thanks. Nor is the day for celebrations of excess at the grill or keg tap.

I don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to have some fun with family and friends. A day off from the grind is always worth it. Just so time is taken for what this day is really all about.

I'm truly up a stump trying to think up a proper greeting on Memorial Day, it just isn't like Happy New Year and doesn't lend itself well to easy mouthings of polite conversation. What to do, what to say when welcoming or being welcomed at the party?

Suggestions welcome.

Regards to all.

Gator 45/70, Sapper John and Cephus like this.
  4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

ghrit, I have been using "have a safe Memorial Day" for those whom I am not familiar, and "...Blessed Memorial Day" for those closer to me. Certainly more appropriate than "happy," IMHO.

5. davidsdesire

davidsdesire Monkey

i agree with what you said and i think 'have a good day but remember those who gave their all' is a good greeting for the day.

6. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

This is not a day of BBQ nor is it Veterans day this is a day we remember all of our fallen comrades and brave men who gave all in defense of this Nation
    I knew far to many of them that never had the opportunity to have a family and watch there children grow into adulthood or have the chance to hold a grandchild for the first time ,they were there to protect the freedoms of others and preserve our way of life and liberty .It's to these men that I for one am grateful and show respect on this day . Never forget them and what they gave up for this Nation !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gator 45/70 and Sapper John like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7