The Corps is in the news again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Jul 10, 2023.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

mechstdr likes this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

mechstdr and SB21 like this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I was always amazed at the things we found during health and comfort inspections in the barracks at Camp Johnson. I found a large RC airplane and an equally large bong in the attic on one of the old barracks when I pulled on a strange hose sticking out of a vent and heard something fall over above me. All sorts of contraband, knives, bows, swords and clubs, but no guns. Strangest find was a Marine with three arms. At least that's what caught my eye when he jumped out of the top rack. The extra arm belonged to his wife who he was hiding in the barracks with his two roommates assistance.

mechstdr, Cruisin Sloth, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

mechstdr, DKR and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

During Afghanistan, I was doing work in a 3rd world country on sort a coalition base and we had some Frenchies there with us flying the mirage (loud friggen aircraft btw), Marines had their F-18s and all of us were confined to the base... Anyway, the Frogs had this outbreak of crabs and the French commander was pissed and went to the Base commander, an American, raising holy hell thinking it was something to do with the base services because how else were they catching it. The base commander, a bit ticked off, got the base doc, an old reservist, to get to the bottom of it which took all of about 10 minutes to walk over to the Froggies tents/B-huts and found....2 or 3 young working girls making their fortunes, who'd been smuggled onto the base a week earlier. The girls being true entrepreneurs and seeing the Doc was American, "No problem! We take American dollar too!"

EDIT: The good thing about this was the Marines and the French didn't get along very well so the French weren't sharing and, as such, the Marines didn't catch anything. It did provide all of us good laugh for a long time at the expense of the French commander who was obviously livid. LOL!

mechstdr, johnbb, natshare and 2 others like this.
  6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

One has to wonder how long the NCIS investigators had to wait, until that young Marine said, "She told me she was 18!!"?? ;)

7. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Since this is partially a good news thread..
    The prime suspect in the 1982 Tylenol poisonings that killed seven people in the Chicago Area has died in Massachusetts, the Associated Press reported.

Tylenol murders suspect James Lewis dies in Massachusetts: Police say
    }}Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeremy Margolis, who successfully prosecuted Lewis for an attempted extortion in the Tylenol murders case, said that he was saddened to learn of Lewis’ death, according to ABC7.
    "Not because he's dead, but because he didn't die in prison,” Margolis said.{{

Emergency responders found 72-year-old James W. Lewis dead at his home in Cambridge Sunday afternoon, according to police.

“Following an investigation, Lewis’ death was determined to be not suspicious,” the statement from Cambridge Police Superintendent Frederick Cabral said.

In 1982, seven people, including a 12-year-old girl, died after taking over-the-counter painkillers laced in cyanide leading to nationwide panic and an overhaul in the safety of over-the-counter medication packaging.

While no one was ever charged in the deaths of the seven people, Lewis served more than 12 years in prison for sending an extortion note to manufacturer Johnson & Johnson where he demanded $1 million to “stop the killing.”

Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I remember when that happened,, sure did have some people tore up and worried. People were scared to damned near trust anything from a store .

mechstdr, hot diggity and CraftyMofo like this.
  9. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Good came from it in the form of sealed products. I can remember buying a tin of Bayer aspirin that had 2 missing. You didn't know because there was no seal on stuff before the Tylenol killer.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7