The brown patch

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by oil pan 4, Jul 20, 2022.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I can tell a tree in my back yard tapped into the unlimited power of the leach field.
    This tree all of a sudden it started growing like crazy. It looks like I'm dumping water and fertilizer on it every day, which is kind of what's happening.
    What if I could do that with all my fuel trees?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    Seepalaces, SB21, duane and 1 other person like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

You would have a real nice stand of trees :) The problem you could run into though is them growing to fast and growing weak and more brittle. Generally slow growth = Stronger more dense and flexible trees and Fast Growth = Weaker, less dense and more brittle Trees. Another problem will be with the leach field pipe. The tree roots will grow into the pipes through holes and completely fill and clog them over time.

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Have dug out a whole lot of them and replaced them, back when I did leach field work that looked just like this picture. Had some where the roots were so thick in the pipe that it split the pipe from end to end.
    p1010146_gallery.

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I cut down 2 gigantic elm trees that had to be growing into the leach field. I figured they were in the leach field because counting tree rings the trees grew very slowly over a period when our house was abandoned for about 7 years. They barely grew, growth rings where spaced like 1mm apart. Then when the black gold was flowing growth rings were more like 1/4 to 3/8 inches.
    They burned good. Smelled like shit tho, no not really. But cottonwood really does smell like shit, actually I have burned lots of different animal shit and I think cottonwood smells worse than actual shit.

Seepalaces, SB21 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Can tell where my drain field pipes are cause the gas grows nice and green. Tank started over flowing and wasn't hard to find the pipes the grass wasn't so green. Dug up 3- 8' sections and they were totaly clogged with tree roots -----literally a shit job replacing

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    Thunder5Ranch, SB21 and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Now how to access my "black gold"?
    I'm thinking only pump off 50 to 200 gallons per day and not every day. As I don't want the tank to collapse pumping it way down and it might get a bit goopy, thick, chunky at the bottom.
    I'm thinking a small trash pump?

7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Why would you want to access your "black gold"? Trust me on this, this is not a job you want to do yourself, best left to the pros and done all at once! Money well spent!

Cruisin Sloth and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Best thing to do is forget the black gold and go for gray gold. A secondary tank that collects all of the dish and shower water and put in a urinal and run it to the gray water tank. Get a high Nitrogen and high Phosphate liquid without out all of the pathogens and heavy metals from turd water. Not very much that is beneficial in human feces, the Urine is where the good stuff is.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7