"terrorism" now synonomous with the word "government"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl4848, Aug 15, 2023.

1. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

duane and crowdaddy like this.
  2. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

I think your on to something. "You will have nothing and like it".

fl4848 likes this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Which particular Merriam-Webster Dictionary are you referring to? Citation?

The online M_W legal definition of terrorism is:
    An alternative definition of terrorism might be:

There is no universal definition of terrorism, but I guess, 'Ya know it when ya see it' ;)

Without a doubt some governments can conduct and sponsor terrorist operations, but to suggest that a government is axiomatically (or synonymously) a terrorist enterprise is to make a broad generalisation. One would have to provide credible evidence to support such a claim in specific instances.

4. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

The English suffix ism comes from the Greek suffix ismós which means a way of thinking (philosophy) and acting (practice) that fosters and supports a religious, social or political ideology. Terrorism is, in my view, an ugly kind of tribalism, regardless of the form it takes, who the terrorists are, and who is their target. In that sense, I think it's logical to say that one form of terror is the suppression of freedom, the terrorist is the government, and we are the target.

5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

interesting... seems the firemen that responded said there was NO water in the hydrants???

and also heard that the sirens were not sounded and many people did not know there was danger until the fire was in their house???

odd???

hmmm... cameras off... guards asleep... prisoner died... etc etc etc???

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7