Taxes, Yes. But really Freedom and Liberty

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Mar 27, 2018.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Part of an email from a friend

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it... is up to you.
    This might be funny if it weren't so true.
    Be sure to read all the way to the end:

Tax his land,
    Tax his bed,
    Tax the table,
    At which he's fed.

Tax his tractor,
    Tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes
    Are the rule.

Tax his work,
    Tax his pay,
    He works for
    peanuts anyway!

Tax his cow,
    Tax his goat,
    Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,
    Tax his shirt,
    Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,
    Tax his drink,
    Tax him if he
    Tries to think.

Tax his cigars,
    Tax his beers,
    If he cries
    Tax his tears.

Tax his car,
    Tax his gas,
    Find other ways
    To tax his butt.

Tax all he has
    Then let him know
    That you won't be done
    Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
    Then tax him some more,
    Tax him till
    He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
    Tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in
    Which he's laid...

Put these words
    Upon his tomb,
    'Taxes drove me
    to my doom...'

When he's gone,
    Do not relax,
    Its time to apply
    The inheritance tax.
    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Excise Taxes
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel Permit Tax
    Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
    Gross Receipts Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Inventory Tax
    IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Personal Property Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service Charge Tax
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Sales Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone Federal Excise Tax
    Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
    Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
    Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
    Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
    Telephone State and Local Tax
    Telephone Usage Charge Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

2. ochit

ochit Monkey+

We pay for everything and they act all magnanimous hand it to illegals or those brought in from their diplomatic mistakes or wars as an enticement to vote for them and their party , it was called bribery but they made it legal.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh! Please, let us not open this Pandora's Box...

How can you justify taxing an individual via Federal tax and then without regard tax them again without considering what Federal tax took?

How can you give billions of dollars away in Foreign Aid but then have to borrow the money to give them because the country is broke then have the indecently to raise taxes.

Let's stop here for I am a bit drunk and it is late and frankly it does no one a bit of good, least of all me. However, I say this... I have seen the worse this world can do and I saw it for my country, thinking all the time it was for my country - but - it was not. It was for our government, whatever and whichever government it happened to be for almost 40 years overseas. Now, I am back home, and, finally, I am awake. Our government is a putrid cesspool that shows no kin nor likeness to our founders and cares not if we live or die, unless of course it makes the news... We are nothing but piggy banks used to pay the bills and if we've no money and young then we're cannon fodder and if we are neither then we are tied in bureaucracy red tape and administration to ensure we cost as little as possible. Bah! Start the revolution, there is nothing to save here.

4. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

Do not cry in europe the put sale tax on tax ! here in the netherlands 21% !
    Tax is a way to make sure YOU cant own/have anything unless you dance for them.
    No living of the nature ,you have to pay your xxx tax.

ochit, mysterymet and Altoidfishfins like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, you can't consider a tax in isolation and remain credible. But if you really want to see what multiple levels of taxation look like, have a squint at taxachusetts or ask PA governor Wolf.

6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Hey i’ve lived in both taxachusetts and PA and they do tax the heck out of you. Also the people’s republic of NY taxes the crap out of you too. Happy to be in iowa now. Although we are havig a hard time keeping the libs out.

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. Iowa is my home too. I like it much better than the left bank (worked in a far eastern suburb of the QCA, Aurora, for 23 yrs) Breathed a hearty sigh of relief when I crossed THE river westward. I hope I never have to go that deep into the fourth reich again. Even the people working there that were native illinoisians wanted to leave.

8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Americans pay more but are ignorant on how they are being scammed. Consider about 25% tax on every gallon of fuel and we are being told we have no money for infrastructure LMAO.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  9. Bandit99

That burned me up this year as first the Feds took a great chunk then, without regard for that great chunk that was taken, and using the same Gross Adjusted Income, the damn State took another great chunk! It's like they don't see each other taxes...really pissed me off.

@ochit 'Americans pay more but are ignorant are being to how they are being scammed. Consider about 25% tax on every gallon of fuel and we are being told we have no money for infrastructure LMAO."
    YES! Exactly, yes! Another question is truly how much do we pay in taxes? I was stunned that I have to pay to even go visit our State and National Parks. They tax me but I can't walk in our Park without an entrance fee? There is a list around here that shows about a hundred different taxes but yet they say we have a low tax rate. But, what do I get for our taxes?

When all things considered, is our tax rate truly lower than say Canada or Germany? But, the bug question that is constantly on my mind is what do we get for it? What do I truly get for all that tax I paid this past year. What? Okay, I get Fire Services and Emergency Services. Wait! Strike the Emergency Service because you will pay for that 911 call. I don't get Health Care instead I get some Band-Aid fix called Health Insurance that sometimes pays, when the moon is correctly align, and sometimes doesn't.

I truly have been trying to figure out just what do I get for my money. We pay for a huge military much, much bigger than we need. Why is that? Our Borders are sieves. Our roads are okay but I've seen much better in many other countries. Our Federal police are a disgrace and no longer can be trusted. Certainly don't get good management of the government because we're broke and doom to bankruptcy sooner rather than later. I cannot come up with a good reason to continue to pay since I don't get anything that directly affects me...except they will put me in jail if I don't.

EDIT: Wait! I got it! I get to own firearms! That's what I get for my taxes. Finally, I knew there had to be some damn reason I'm paying out the nose...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Mountainman likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

YA'All should come to Alaska... We have NO Income Tax, Property Tax is only Local, (so if you live outside an Organized Borough, or City, NONE) Sales Tax is Local as well...( Mine is 3.5%) AND after one year of Residency, you can apply for Permanent Fund, and get some of it back from the State...

Bandit99 likes this.
  11. Bandit99

I would be up there in a jiffy but the wife will not even discuss it. Strange, normally I can turn her with logic but she just adamantly refuses, won't even talk about it.

12. ochit

ochit Monkey+

[QUOTE="question is truly how much do we pay in taxes? ...[/QUOTE]

Well I figure if any of us end up with 40% of our income that would really surprise me.
    The fact is none of us owns anything we only lease it from our owners the government. I can prove that by asking people to drive without a license tag or a inspection sticker then don't pay your land taxes. Now we need to look at taxes for utilities but then there are subsidies and write offs for utility companies so we pay also for them.

We pay school tax here but we had a referendum on legalizing the lottery it was suppose to go to the schools but we are still paying school taxes and since less and less students are graduating. Now the lotto is going to the general fund, see how government operates the carrot and the stick the stick ends up stuck in your rear end so far you can't pull it out. hell the carrot wasn't even theirs the stole it from the farmers and ranchers.

Here is the most crime against humanity the government owns all the water from the sky even that on your property. Under emergencies they can confiscate water food fuel and even your home just like the Nazi's did if they liked your home you got arrested or moved but they kept the furnishing and art maybe even your pretty little girl to be a maid or party favor.

If it is not a tax it's a fee or a license f you FOIA request a government agency to get information they can charge you for information that was compiled by people and with equipment you paid for we pay for every vehicle or conveyance like a boat plane car yearly some places you need to register with a fee a dog cat or a bicycle.

this is a real topic that gets no love people are kept to busy and entertained o look up your retirement is taxed your told you can invest X amount tax free but they see the big prize of all you saved and interest that they can take in the future. your children were taxed look at the hospital bill their conception was taxed you bought the bed car or whatever you made out in. if you decide to abort well that has a tax if your committed or imprisoned and you have government income it goes to the facility your in. your cremated buried or have a sea burial taxed. your doctor bill cable tv the tv itself so even the fake news that comes from a 3 letter agency is taxed and paid by us. so consider that the cabbage you bought had a land tax fertilizer tax fuel to plant and pick all the vehicles were taxed trucking to your market and the building it is sold in all the workers who touch it the bag it goes in and i guess they thought they screwed you enough so at least here there is no grocery tax unless it is precooked but then you pay for the gas or electricity the stove pan and plate to serve it on and the implements to eat it with. crazy ain't it

Dont, Bandit99 and Mountainman like this.
  13. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

And still the sheep get manipulated ,so the follow the group. until its voting time, thats the time the may say if criminal 1 or criminal 2 may rob you.Because after all we are all GOV.property. Grabs a heavily taxed drink and shake head.
    PS. RegularGas here is only $ 9.62 gal.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Dont and Bandit99 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7