Stop H.R. 1 - No Taxpayer Money for Campaigns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Feb 6, 2021.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Call Your Members

Make the call during normal business hours (9am - 5pm EST) and provide your name and address if asked.
    Deliver This Message

Hi, my name is [FIRST NAME] and I’m a constituent from [CITY AND ZIP CODE]. I’m calling on [MEMBER OF CONGRESS] to oppose H.R. 1.

H.R. 1 is supposedly the “For the People Act,” but a more appropriate title would be the “For the Politicians Act.”

Here are three reasons why I want my representative to vote “NO” on H.R. 1:

The bill would give my taxpayer dollars to politicians to fund their reelection campaigns. Under no circumstances should taxpayer money be used to fund political careers.

H.R. 1 would also allow candidates to be paid a salary out of their campaign funds...those same campaign funds that would now be funded with taxpayer dollars. Taxpayers already pay Congressmen a salary—but now politicians want to double dip!

H.R. 1 would federalize our election processes, which are currently run by the states. This is D.C. politicians trying to make sure the game is rigged in their favor. Politicians already in Washington should not be choosing who goes to Washington—voters should!

There are many more reasons to oppose H.R. 1, but I’ll just leave you with these three.

I call on [MEMBER OF CONGRESS] to vote “NO” on H.R. 1.

Thank you for passing along my message. Have a good day.

Action | Heritage Action For America

ditch witch, SB21 and duane like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7