Stephenville Jr High School Veteran's Day Celebration, Texas Proud.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Nov 13, 2021.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Veterans’ week of 2021 for Turnbow-Higgs American Legion Post 240 Legionnaires began by joining other area veterans, in particular the parents and relatives of Henderson Junior High Staff, Teachers, and students, who were invited to attend the school’s annual Veterans Day Appreciation assembly.

Joining the students in presenting an outstanding program were the Tarleton State University Corp of Cadets color guard who opened and closed the program by posting and retiring the colors, and guest speaker Kenny Weldon, Colonel USAF, (Retired) whose awe-inspiring speech received rousing, ear piercing, repetitive shouts of USA.

Legionnaires (12) in attendance with other veterans were Jack Parks, Jimmy Finney, Mike Fick, Nathan Collier, Roger Easter, Curtis Anderson, Brad Bennett, Walter Dotson, Kenny Weldon, Willis Moon, John Considine and Sid Moon.

Congratulations to HJR Principal, Staff, Teachers and Students for presenting another outstanding Veterans Day Appreciation program. Special Kudos to Principal Brad Burleson (Army/National Guard Veteran) and teacher Kelli Roberson, who leads the planning and organizing each year.

On behalf of Turnbow-Higgs American Legion Post 240 we thank Henderson Jr. HI Staff and Student body for the awesome and heart-warming Veterans Appreciation program that was very much in keeping with United States Senate Resolution 143, designating a "National Veterans Awareness Week." The resolution calls for educational efforts directed at elementary and secondary school students concerning the contributions and sacrifices of veterans.

Gator 45/70, Bandit99, duane and 2 others like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That's nice. A lady I've been doing some work for was telling me about her grandson at school. He's in the ROTC program and was on the Color Guard this year . Good to hear at least some of these schools have some respect left in them .

Gator 45/70, HK_User and duane like this.
  3. HK_User

I would have liked to provide the Pics of this event but I received the intel via email so I did not release any pictures.

Maybe the "Flash" will have some pictures.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. HK_User

Tarleton has always been a solid supporter.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7