Spring is close to sprung.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TnAndy, Mar 13, 2021.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Daffodils along the driveway are up pretty this year. Pear tree buds are about to burst open. Bee will be glad.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Nice. You have a nice place.

We've had some pretty nice days and cold nights here. However we're expecting a week of heavy rains and possibly snow on Monday.
    Our Winter had very little snow and was relatively dry if cold. I figure we'll get a serious Winter blast or two before Spring actually sets in.

3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I like Spring.

chelloveck, techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Spring has long since sprung here. M Azalias, Roses and Spyreas are blossoming nicely. Not quite ready to mow grass yet.

Meat, chelloveck, techsar and 2 others like this.
  5. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Still have snow cover here, and the forecast is for a tad more. I hope to see crocuses soon. They often come up in the snow.

GOG, Meat, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Frost tomorrow , I have Mason bees hatching , and im feeding them honey from here.
    I need it to break , Time change ahead on Sunday , wish we stopped this BS.
    Sloth

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

We're full swing into spring, highs around 80...with broccoli florets and tomato blossoms in the garden. Already cut the grass twice.

I agree Sloth...DST crap needs to end...

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I mowed the yard today... the grass was starting to get unruly.
    Lots of buds on the trees and bushes.
    Still having frost till mid April, so garden will go in around the beginning of May or so.

9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I mowed my property (free mower of course) yesterday. Almost ready for Lawn Darts and Wiffle Ball, just like we used to play there in the 70’s. All I needed was a Squirt, yum. :D

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

FINALLY!! My first robin found a bare spot in the yard to peck at.

11. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I'll have to get with you later on this "Spring" thing. Like in a couple of months.

Gator 45/70, Meat and GOG like this.
  12. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Spring sprang a couple of weeks ago in central FL. I just came back from a 5 day camp in the Ocala National Forest. I had to shoo a honey bee or two out of my tent everyday (Left the door unzipped like a noob. eye roll.) Coyote mating season here. They were very vocal. Trees are turning green. Pretty soon I'll have to mow the dang yard.

13. JrOrtiz

JrOrtiz Monkey

My apricot and peach trees are in full bloom. Not good. Good chance we will lose them. The late freezes here will bite a gardener in the butt. Good thing about high desert, we have no yards to mow

Meat likes this.
  14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

snow flakes @ 16:00 -3c tonight

Meat likes this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I looked out at 2:30 am and saw snow too CS. It wasn’t a dream and I don’t do drugs, yet. PNW weather is nuts sometimes. :D

16. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I played a show in Jacksonville this past weekend, 82 degrees, traffic bumper to bumper (Bike Week in Datoyna and EPC in Jax), glad to get back to Fairhope where it is 72 this morning and all the early buds are about.

magicfingers and HK_User like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7