sorry i aint been here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimLE, Mar 2, 2018.

1. jimLE

jimLE Monkey+++

Mom passed away August last year.then my life did a 360 on me.landlords want me out.i don't have any idea to where i'll move to.and barley getting by.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Condolences and keep looking. Something will open up.

chelloveck and 3M-TA3 like this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Glad you're back. Maybe not much we can do, but just hang in.

chelloveck and 3M-TA3 like this.
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing..

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Condolences on your Mom. The loss of a parent is a very hard one.

Life presents us with difficult challenges from time to time. Overcoming you current situation will make you stronger than ever. It sucks (all the way around) but just keep plodding forward, don't give up, and you will succeed. If you don't mind, what is your age, education, and do you already have a job?

chelloveck likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@jimLE I am really sorry about your Mom. Certainly leaves a hole in ones life when a parent passes away. The post above is correct, just keep moving forward, one step at a time. Really stinks that all this crap is hitting you all at once. You will be in my thoughts.

Byte and tacmotusn like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome back to the Monkey Tree.... Condolences on yor Mom’s passing

tacmotusn likes this.
  8. duane

duane Monkey+++

Sorry about your mother, life tends to throw many curves at us. Good luck and you are in our prayers.

chelloveck and tacmotusn like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

My father passed away August 2016, my mother just a few months before. I've lost brothers and uncles to random violence, cancer, or other illness. I suppose for most, the loss of grandparents are the easiest to handle since they are typically very old and it is expected. But, that's the thing, isn't it? We're all mortal here on this rock --with an infinite consciousness. Try not to let the world hold you down, this isn't a permanent visit.

What has helped me in the past is to pick up and move, to travel like the wind and experience this life. Every time you go somewhere new you get to see fresh faces and new cultures. It doesn't take money if you are willing to live simply and take life as it is handed to you. It does help to make friends wherever you go. I've never really subscribed to having strong family ties in the traditional sense. I've left my genetic lineage to its own (no sense worrying about that which you do not control) and accepted other people as family wherever I have gone. As a result, I have family all over this world.

One bit of wisdom I can draw upon for this matter I believe may add some transparency is the British Queen Elizabeth I. With my personal feelings aside on the matter given the history between our nations, there's one significant happening about her life I find to be of special importance. Elizabeth never had offspring of her own, never married. Imagine in that time when women were not seated with power except in rare circumstances, and even then if she had married, her husband would become King and supplant her position. She always claimed that her people were her children. Some would claim she did this simply because she wanted to hold on to her throne. I believe she felt responsible and never fully trusted the intentions of others.

We each must be responsible for what we are, what we do, and say even though we're really only here for a brief moment before we are gone. What matters is that we never lose sight of the footprints we can sometimes leave behind.

Byte, duane, chelloveck and 9 others like this.
  10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Losing a loved one can be painful. I hope you can find the strength and will to continue on. I am also sure that is what a mother would want her child to do. Pretty sure at this point you are no child anymore, but we are always children in the eyes of our parents. Good Luck and best wishes on how you move forward from today.

duane and chelloveck like this.
  11. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I have not been on either. Very busy here. Sorry to hear about the loss and needing a place to live. Ive been there. Have faith.

12. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

My sincerest condolences, man. Lost my dad when I was 20, my mom when I was 30. I can relate.

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Prayers sent and condolences its never easy even when they are old and sick, With any luck I'll see them again on the other side.

14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

There are a lot of folks living very cheaply in vans and RV S. Lots if places to park cheap. In Arizona, near quartzite. $180 for 7 months. Do a you tube search, it may give you ideas.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7