SHTF,another what if?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, Jan 30, 2021.

1. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Ok, let’s say shit is going to hit the day after tomorrow. You are one of the few that know about it,
    What will you do? Let’s say you have $3650.00 in cash,that’s $10.00 a day,what would you buy?
    Instead of saying how many dollars for each item just say what percent of $3650.00 you would buy.
    1-food—50%— mostly bulk,like rice and flour— I already have most of what I need.
    2-fuel of all kinds—30%—would keep my freezers going until I could can the contents. Already have 100 gals diesel and gasoline for my tractors,generator and side by side.
    3-seed and fert—20%— already have a lot but would need a large garden
    First of all I would have to quit smoking,
    It’s going to be a hard year to survive,like they said 90% will not survive
    I know I’m leaving a lot out
    I hope to make it and will try to keep a positive attitude
    Things I will not do would be stealing or killing someone for their food or belongings.
    Now if you were trying to kill or rob from me that would be different.
    Last nite there were nine deer in my yard,so there’s my meat,hogs my bacon.
    What would probably kill me would the meds I need
    What would be the thing most likely to kill me
    Wife—80%
    Bad people—10%
    Quit smoking—10%
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Ammunition... Cause I'd have to defend what would eventually become obvious... That I have lights, heat, food, etc.

Or maybe a stockpile of good booze....

3. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

current meds, some food, fuel top off, fill all the vehicles and equipment, extra lube oils, tiller belts, cash and silver

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Macgyver

Macgyver Monkey+

Probably fuel and any food that I could use/store. Not much use in looking for ammo or components most are already gone. Might look into security equipment video or motion detection.

5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

don't know if you include smoking with your freezer content "canning" - but you can smoke a lot of meat at the same time and it's fairly quik in comparison to pressure canning it - might want to prep up to salt some down also ....

something to keep in mind is that there's going to be freezer meat going bad allllll over - including the supermarket and family/neighbors >>> good opportunity to take in some extra meat thru a quik buy or some %%%%% barter deal ....

6. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Jimmy Rawles included something controversial in one of his PAW fiction novels - group of prepper with a common BOL knew that a major SHTF event was going to occur - went thru something similar to what this post proposes - they had all kinds of $$$ cash bank withdrawn and likely to be totally worthless ...

had more of an advance timeframe - they hit the local stores buying what they could find - ordered items over the internet with a short delivery >>> also paid the real estate taxes years in advance getting a certified & timestamped receipt from the clerk ....

7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

@oldman11
    Your leaving it way to late , you should have all that done and in control , for all i see in the replys.
    top ups is good , pull all cash but 30 bucks and in small amounts , if your CC balance is 2650.00 take out 970.00 is small cash and pay off the CC . say on the way out FU Fed !!!
    Sloth

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

No more cash than the$3650.00 that’s all,no silver or gold
    Have enough salt,need a new meat grinder
    Have enough ammo
    Mostly extra food,fert and seeds—2 children,7 grandchildren, 6 great children to help
    1 great grand on the way,this is the one to worry about,no doctors
    Deer and hogs will help— deer are in the yard—hogs everywhere else
    There would be great people that were left,very few people but a great country,great leaders to have survived.
    After the first day it would be hell everywhere,stay at home,it will hard to keep from being killed out there .
    [flag]

9. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

garden seeds lots of then and vacuum packed

madmax, Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Sir, I mistook your first post !
    Very sorry Sir. Let me rethink a better reply to your post.
    Sloth
    Edit add;
    Meat grinder , manual one for sure since ya have young folks who need to be busy (as I read it ) Water filters and a way to get water thats not from a tap.
    Dig a 6" pipe hole down to the water table if you know where that is(mine is 8 feet below.
    solar panels and water pump (bildge pump to get the water up)
    Outhouses , Propane tanks and small stove,grill,oven of ways to cook.
    Some of my ideas Sir.
    Sloth

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  11. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

If I had nothing........ A sidearm, a rifle, ammo, knife, axe and hatchet and some basic clothing and gear. Can make or obtain everything you want or need with those basic tools.

madmax, Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Water is ok,have two older wells that I still are good,take the top off then draw water. Two ponds,water and fish.
    Would need to be boiled or be treated. No need for a outhouse,I have a home septic system. One of the worst things I can think of is boredom,what to do to keep from going any crazier than I already am. Can you just imagine what would happen when people have no electricity,no phones,no laptops,no way of going anywere but walking,no eating out ,boy I’m feeling better already.
    [flag]

13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Gasoline and diesel...I wish I could store a whole semi-trailer of each.

14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

An under ground bunker.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

you for got FEAR 100% killer

just living in constant fear and convincint yourself the world is aweful... will kill you faster than COVID
    or anything else. Yall smoking something?

16. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

20% rabbit/chicken/gamebird feed
    20% sugar for the still
    10% chocolate for me
    Remainder to be used to set up my underground bar 'n brothel. I foresee no shortage of willing workers eager to trick for me in exchange for soup and a shower. I shall crown myself the Queen Pimp of the Panhandle, and any who dare mistreat my hos shall swing from the tallest tree. Which, in this region, isn't that tall. Might have to dig a hole at their feet so they get some clearance.

chelloveck, Ganado, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

I have 100# of dark C from Minco bulk in 50# boxes !!
    Van door is open ;)
    S
    Edit Add: playing on your post
    Im joking , Im a A$$wipe Gent !

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I don’t count on money being worth much long so I would stock up on fuel of all kinds, recent meds, fresh seed, pesticides and fertilizers, new shoes and as much canned meat, salt and oils as I could find. I would spend it all and max out my credit cards. I would then trade with silver or whatever form money became.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  19. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Have to keep a low profile after SHTF...NO LIGHTS...or anything else that will cause anyone to come snooping around. That means solar power instead of generators, carrying buckets of "drinking" water from a pond, waste pit, and maybe even a fake grave in the backyard. Also any front man for a sick family needs to appear dirty and unshaven, the last thing you want to do in a SHTF world is to appear normal.

20. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I really wish I could get my hands on a some good Night Vision gear but the cost is prohibitive...but certainly game changers.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7