Show me the Money.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, May 15, 2022.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

[​IMG]

Ohhh... money, not monkey.

$350 million is peanuts compared to what he got paid for the patents. I wish people still read.

duane and SB21 like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Another example of the death of the internet, read the teaser and then subscribe to finish the article. Sounds interesting, never will know for sure though.

Ura-Ki, enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. HK_User

Ura-Ki and enloopious like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Agree, but it used to be you just read the story and didn't depend on anybody but Paul Harvey to find the rest of the story. All too often the results of the additional search are channeled through Google, etc, and you may or may not find out what really happened. Like you google for a specific product from a specific company and then skip thru a half dozen paid ads for that product before you get to one you asked for.

enloopious and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. HK_User

That just comes with a commercial market for news.

enloopious and duane like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm sure monkeys were involved somehow.

enloopious, HK_User and duane like this.
  8. enloopious

I used to write for some papers and magazines way back in the day. When I was writing the idea that you, the writer and your credibility, were the product and the stories should get to as many viewers as possible was the priority. The profit was secondary. I published so many free articles just trying to get known. When I actually made money off of them it was nice but getting info to people was the actual priority. It was an ethical concern as a journalist. Even major news publications worked at a loss because it was seen as part of your duty as an American to get people the information they need to be free. Would you say its like that today?

CraftyMofo likes this.
  9. enloopious

This proves it. Watch closely.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7