Sheath Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I prefer to carry a Puma White Hunter most days and had this sheath made that rides in the small of my back but the footprint is too noticeable and it tends to get caught easily on things. What concealed carry solutions do those of you that carry a fixed blade use?

20161224_205540.

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I usually run a Kydex sheath for mine, makes for a very compact option especially with a belt clip/clips!
    IMG_20200905_191206.
    This one rides inside the belt on my left hip handle back so I can grasp it correctly!

3. Seacowboys

The White Hunter is not nearly as ergonomic, OVAL 10" blade 5.75". My waist is only 33" so I haven't cat any fat the hide the straight edge. I sometimes carry from a traditional belt holster but prefer concealed carry and I know the blade and am attached to it. I don't often carry a shoulder rig but may start just for an extra vertical strap and I suppose I could carry both my 1911 Colt Defenders, and extra mags on my belt. If I gotta cut somebody, I want to make sure they stay cut.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Kinda like this?
    PXL_20201015_205751216.
    When I wear my shoulder rig, the Kramabit is attached under the mag pouches on my right side! Believe it or not, this entire rig conceals nicely under a light shirt or jacket!

GOG, Tully Mars, STANGF150 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I also carry a monster Revolver where the belt buckle normally sits! Lol, yes, I'm that guy!

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  6. Seacowboys

y shoulder rig is a Jackass, I have two pistol holsters and a double mag pouch but I can only rig one pistol and mag paouc of two pistols. There is room at the shoulder for my knife, I suppose.When I carry two 1911s, I usually carry a Python on my RH

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Actually, this is an Alien Gear hybrid, fits a Double stack 1911 plus the two mag pouches with a knife band behind the punches! The CZ gets carried in a custom lace on boot holster with spare mag pouch! Pretty slick system and I didn't have to customize anything!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Seacowboys

I like leather, have numerous favorite holsters but can't seem to find the right on to conceal carry my Puma

Ura-Ki, Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

[​IMG]
    Extrema Ratio Col Moschin Compact Combat Knife 3.7 inch Black N690 Plain Blade, Forprene Handles

Rides high on a belt, sheath holds knife firmly in place with friction and detent.

STANGF150 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Seacowboys

I've got some smaller fixed blade fighters but I really prefer my Puma WHite Hunter. It has saved my life more than once. I'm just trying to find a more comfortable concealed carry. The foot print would be fine if the OAL was 7 or 8 inches but 10 just makes it print.
    Don't like to carry in my boot. carry a neck knife anyway. I think if I had put the belt snaps closer to the ends of the sheath, it wouldn't print so bad but wish I had used buckles instead of snaps.

Gator 45/70, Ura-Ki and HK_User like this.
  11. Seacowboys

The Masalong Karambit is a wicked tool. What techniques work best with it defensively?

Ura-Ki and HK_User like this.
  12. Steverino

Steverino #LEAVETHEGOP

I used to scout carry a dpX HEST

You might consider getting a custom Kydex sheath made for it..

HK_User likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I too prefer leather. Sorry I can't really add much to the conversation. If I carry a fixed blade it's in a boot sheath.
    Been thinking of getting a neck knife- what do you like?

HK_User and Ura-Ki like this.
  14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

The Karambit is best "Fought" strong hand, with the blade on the pinky finger side! It can be flipped to the inside for up close/ grappling type fighting if or when needed. It takes a lot of practice to get good with one, but unless your seriously trained in self defense, it's absolutely deadly to defend against!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    HK_User likes this.
  15. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

One of the things I hate about this state is it's ludicrous knife laws. Can carry a pocket knife (maybe 3" total length, closed) concealed, but that's about it. Neck knife would be nice, fore or aft; boot knife; any of the above, etc.

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

With all those Boa's loose in Fla I would think a nice sheath could be had from one of those skins,Kinda like boots

Tully Mars likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7