Sharing my pride

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Dec 12, 2019.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just need to share this with a friend so here I am.

This little munchkin is all grown up and called me tonight to let me know she's just learned she is Summa Cum Laude in her final semester toward her BSN RN . She has chosen to specialize in pediatric oncology.

All this from the little girl who used to like to watch her poop float!

I'm so proud of all she has accomplished through hard work and dedication. [hrt]

DSCN1489.JPG

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Floating poop is pretty amazing ,,,:ROFLMAO:
    Congratulations to her , you've done a fine job of raising her ,,

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks SB but I actually raised her mother! This is my baby granddaughter

4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well , that shows just as well , the mom is just passing on what she was taught ,,,

sec_monkey, Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well,Congratulations all around Maw Maw,You've done well !!!

RightHand and sec_monkey like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Atta girl (to all three.)

7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Never underestimate the abilities to float a poop! LOL

Well done all around, now there are Three Ladies with lots of reason to be proud!

Gator 45/70, SB21 and RightHand like this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Blood lines always tell!
    Congrats on another life saver.

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

My Congratulations to her, and you should be proud.

Gator 45/70, Dont and RightHand like this.
  10. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Poop fixation? Yup, a nurse thing!

Congratulations to the Grand daughter! Pediatric oncology? THAT'S hard.. Lots of smiles and lots of heart breaks..

Gray Wolf, Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  11. RightHand

Thanks to all of you for sharing this pride with me. I will make sure Miss Hayley knows that she is congratulated by people beyond the sphere of her life.

Yes Dont, pediatric oncology will be fraught with both joy and sorrow for my little miss but she feels compelled to make a difference in the lives of these children and their families. I truly admire her at the same time as I fear for her.

12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Well Done 3 woman ..
    Im glad to read great Info !!
    Thank You Ms RH

Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Only one more Test to pass.... National Boards. I am sure your Granddaughter will do just fine.... Congrats...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. RightHand

We talked about that last night. Last big test.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Ongoing continuing education will be needed, may be some tests involved ----

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. RightHand

She explained that she is now on to her 2nd 5-year plan. The first was actually a 4-yr plan to earn her degree with a minimum of 3.5 gpa. She's at 3.79. Her current 5-yr plan is to get a job at Connecticut children's Hospital, sock away some more money, buy a house, get engaged to her best friend of 7 yrs and start on her Masters. that gal is goal oriented!

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Congratulations to a fine young lady, prayers to a successful career!!!! :)

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

With a Masters, she can go for NP, or PA.... Which will serve her well, if after a career in the field, she wants to go into teaching...

19. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

One thing she really needs to understand.
    She is going into a service industry and along the way she must take care or herself first.
    Nursing is a very physical job. Many Nurses end up with a damaged body after years of hard labor and a few contract body damaging diseases.
    Just a word of caution as I have assisted more than one Mil Vet Nurse who had to end their very active career due to body damage earned from doing their job.
    Yes even teachers involved in clinicals must be physically fit to teach.
    Then again I have one who is legally blind, but being a Psych Nurse they can still teach.
    In BT's area they have special Tribal Nursing Homes, class A care and good pay.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  20. RightHand

Those are wise words HK and I will make sure I pass them along to her. At 21, she still thinks she is invincible. She is lucky that her boyfriend/best friend is graduating as a physical therapist. He's currently a massage therapist so she does get a little tender loving care for her physical well being. I need to convince him that her grandmother also need a good massage every now and then.It was funny that at our Thanksgiving dinner, Miss Hayley gave us all blood pressure checks, listened to our hearts and pulse. Young Mr. Tyler contributed shoulder massages. Both plying their trades on non-paying patients.

One thing that has surprised me is that they no longer teach nurses to draw blood. Evidently hospitals rely on either their own lab phlebotomists for contracted ones so nurses don't carry out those tasks. My daughter is a phlebotomist and is teaching Hayley to draw blood. She has graduated from the initial attempts using an orange to her family as test patients.

Gator 45/70 and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7