Secret Service Agent opens fire in Georgetown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hot diggity, Nov 14, 2023.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Gator 45/70, Meat, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Sounds like that agent is a "loose cannon" causing some major liability concerns.

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, I saw this so what is the real story here? I mean, they start shooting upon seeing a pair of thieves breaking into a car? Geez peas! What about 'Use of Deadly Force' etc... this would put you in jail here even in North Idaho!

jim2, 4x4, Homer Simpson and 3 others like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I thought this stunk too.

jim2, 4x4, Homer Simpson and 2 others like this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

When you are part of the Praetorian guard, the Rules of the rabble do not apply.

jim2, Bandit99, johnbb and 7 others like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hey, seen em' shoot out the bedroom window at bad guy breaking into homies car.
    Bad guy gets hit and dies.
    District attorney, We won't be able to find a jury to convict the homeowner So car /homeowner walks.

jim2, Bandit99, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

If something bad happened, of course the antis would never blame the loose nut behind the trigger, with the itchy boogerhook. It would be "the bad ol' GUN!"

8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Not in Alabama!

jim2 and hot diggity like this.
  9. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I wish it was 'legal' to defend your property, makes sense to me and makes people show good manners.

However, I had the damnest time convincing my wife that she can't shoot someone because they were stealing her property. First, she thought I couldn't be correct then she thought I was flat out lying to her then she hit the roof when she found out it was the truth. I got an ear full for many a day and she damn near didn't accept her citizenship because she thought it was so stupid.

jim2, SB21, hot diggity and 1 other person like this.
  10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Alabama is a Constitutional and Open Carry State. We are also a Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground State. Mess with us and we can legally shoot you dead! No criminal nor civil bullshit!

jim2, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  11. 4x4

4x4 In the Basket of Deplorables

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to where this was a lawful shoot exhibiting deadly force over a property crime and nothing more. People need to wake up and wake up quick to the gross negligence the weight of the federal government has over you should you get into their cross hairs.

jim2, mysterymet, Seawolf1090 and 2 others like this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

In a number of States, it is lawful to exhibit deadly force over a property crime, at your home or at Walmart. That doesn't mean that you can shoot some guy breaking into your car from a safe distance, usually you have to confront them and then shoot them!

jim2, 4x4, Seawolf1090 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Property us just stuff, no need for a killin' over it. Plenty of other stuff people need killin' for.

14. bpaintx

bpaintx Monkey+++

15. bpaintx

bpaintx Monkey+++

I would wager that he was only carrying his pistol and the vehicle had a number of long guns in them and some other sensitive items. His use of force was probably justified, but could have been carried out better.

jim2 and hot diggity like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Since its against the law to cut their hands off, Shooting the thief in the ass is more legal down here.

jim2 and Zimmy like this.
  17. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

That's a likely scenario, and if there was anything of value left inside the passenger compartment it makes the SS agent look even more foolish. It doesn't change the fact that there was gunfire in a residential area and no word of where the bullets went.

jim2, Seawolf1090 and SB21 like this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Gun control is hitting what you aim at. This guy needs more practice so he has better gun control!!!

jim2, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Getting your ass shot off breaking into a house/car/etc. is on page 2 of the F'k around and Find out book.
    It's a very real deal in Louisiana.
    You have no duty to retreat.
    You are allowed to protect your property
    You are allowed to retrieve your property.

jim2, hot diggity, Tempstar and 2 others like this.
  20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I don't know about this particular case, chances are we won't ever have the full story and the truth will remain elusive.
    As far as traditional gun owners may be concerned, with the recent importation of illegals, I highly doubt the radical left judicial system will look favorably upon white people, or any law abiding citizen for that matter. The whole premise suggests we are at war and a number of Americans have already been accused of crimes when defending themselves and their property, law be damned. Essentially, I guess I should just be direct and say we are all going to be falsely accused, tried, and convicted if and when possible. Biden recently appointed hundreds of corrupt judges across the nation, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    "But they can't get away with it, this is America!" --Oh, you couldn't be more incorrect.

Stay frosty.

jim2, Bandit99, mysterymet and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7