Secret CB - 29 Volumes - 1970s-80s-90s

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Illini Warrior, Dec 9, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Secret CB

slowwwww download - one volume at a time - couple minutes per volume - no zip available

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I'm going to have to look into this stuff .
    Back in the late 80's ,, when I was long haul truckin' ,, I traded a Radar Detector for a Cobra CB in a truck stop somewhere. You couldn't hardly key the mike without screeching the speaker . To much power . Found a CB repair guy at a truck stop in Va. that worked on that thing for about 2 hours ,, but got it tweaked out and worked pretty damned good ,, I thought . One night ,, I was parked on a hill ,, and was talking with a guy 80 miles away . I thought that was pretty good for a regular CB ,, no linear or extra power amps .
    Thanks for the links .

beemerphill likes this.
  3. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

Looks like a cool resource. If I get bored at work and download the whole thing and make a zip, Is there somewhere on the Monkey that I could host it for others? I don't have anywhere else to put it really.

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Some of the information looks dated, the book was created in 1977 but I am not a CB or HAM person. It takes forever to download but the PDF's are clean and clearly readable. @JediWoodsman you could upload it into Resources. I believe there is a communications and electronics category.

5. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

I think it is a great resource. When shtf, most of the radios recovered from attics and garages will probably be older units covered here. I think the "freeband" frequency's might be a bit more secure in that only hams and people that were "in to" CB will even know they exist. Not many in my AO fit that category. Around here most CB antennas on vehicles are a decorative fashion accessory at best.

6. Dunerunner

Great post @Homer Simpson. I never considered that view.

SB21, CraftyMofo and Homer Simpson like this.
  7. Illini Warrior

even if you never can use the resource - there's techy types that are totally capable of setting up a CB network of communications but only 5-6 decades away from the CB hay days of the 70s - as someone mentioned old CB units are sitting around people's attics & garages ....

SB21, Homer Simpson and Dunerunner like this.
  8. Illini Warrior

Homer Simpson and Dunerunner like this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

There is a CB at the Northern Compound. Used it as kids to call other kids at their camps to come over and go fishing / water skiing and mischief making. Probably still works as camp is high/dry with no rodents.

CraftyMofo and Dunerunner like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

CB, the beginning of the tech used with the lack of understand the underlying Technology, by the common man…

Dunerunner likes this.
  11. Dunerunner

Exactly. Without the theory, the understanding of its use and application is lost.. We take the availability of the technology for granted. Every prepper should have a basic knowledge of electronics.

12. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

WOW is it any wonder ham radio is a dying medium?

13. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Says who? Our local ham radio club is expanding its membership and our repeaters are utilized often. 2m, 70cm, C4FM, D-star, DMR, packet...and just to get a "hook" to entice prospective hams, we added a GMRS repeater.

Dunerunner likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is not about “ Ham Radio dying” it is all about teaching RF and Radio Fundamentals to the next Generation…. and you do that by mentoring the kids…

techsar and Dunerunner like this.
  15. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

The link gives me a "Hmmmm... can't reach this page" error. Tried cbtricks.com with the same result. Maybe I've got my firewall setup wrong for that website?

16. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

Ah... found a mirror site at... Secret CB (cbtricks.org) and the downloadable volumes at... Secret CB (cbtricks.org)

1. DKR
  2. JA40
  3. Tully Mars
  4. Wizbit7
  5. Motomom34
  6. Homer Simpson
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Jay Tx
  9. Marco Montana
  10. BTPost
  11. GreenTeaBlend
  12. vja4Him